• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 6:35 PM, vaultkeeper said:

I thought CGC was tough on this one. The dark tide-line on the back cover brings the grade down, but I would have still graded it in the 5.5 - 6.0 range. What do you think?

How are the staples? Any rust?

On 8/31/2021 at 7:37 PM, vaultkeeper said:

No rust on the staples. The front cover presents like an 8.5. The back has the tide-line, and some yellowing. No creases or missing paper.

Gotcha. Front is nice but that is a very heavy water line especially at the top. I had to zoom in on my phone to get a better look as I thought it was a tear at first. I would have kept it at least in the 5.0 range balancing out the front and back and staples being untouched. :preach:

On 8/31/2021 at 4:35 PM, vaultkeeper said:

I thought CGC was tough on this one. The dark tide-line on the back cover brings the grade down, but I would have still graded it in the 5.5 - 6.0 range. What do you think?

Journey into unknown Worlds #22.jpg

4.5 is right what I would have expected it to grade, and probably what I would have called it myself.  

On 8/31/2021 at 4:37 PM, vaultkeeper said:

No rust on the staples. The front cover presents like an 8.5. The back has the tide-line, and some yellowing. No creases or missing paper.

Very pretty front and what a great Everett cover! Not sure what a “tide line” is but sadly, it has a nasty water stain in the upper right corner. 4.5 doesn’t sound out of line to me. Maybe a 5.0

Crack it out, put it in a nice Mylar and problem solved.