• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Hole filling today. Maybe an even nicer copy in the future will come but this is fine for now…

B9338585-9DCC-4270-BCD5-6D39EC230ADB.thumb.jpeg.6c862cdbcea321264dd277da102984d8.jpeg

6BD4EF9A-9B0F-4C6F-940B-53BBE6606632.thumb.jpeg.8b638ae3addb0e5223269fd58f6a0bfb.jpeg

The Exterminator is one of my favorite of CA Winter's stories... his art reminds me a bit of R, Crumb. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a frind of jesus)(thumbsu

8 hours ago, N e r V said:

Reads more like a run of the mill EC story vs what Anderson’s cover suggests…

I actually liked the story very much. I’m pretty used to the cover not matching the inside story. Heck, sometimes there’s nothing on the inside that even relates to the cover! My copy is slabbed also so I appreciate you posting the story! (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

I actually liked the story very much. I’m pretty used to the cover not matching the inside story. Heck, sometimes there’s nothing on the inside that even relates to the cover! My copy is slabbed also so I appreciate you posting the story! (thumbsu

Yeah I grew up reading 1970s comics that were full of covers and stories that missed by inches or miles with their subject matter and didn’t hate the story either but if I was a kid back then I would have been pretty disappointed because I really would have wanted to read a story about what those alien looking arms were coming out of a bag. It’s a great hook on the cover for readers and Anderson did a good job being subtle about it. This could have been a post code book easily too since nothing is shown but a lots implied. I still want more issues in that run but #19 and #28 were highest on my list so I got both now although #19 was a slight upgrade only. Something about #28 though has me liking that cover more and more as I look at it. There are 6 copies in census higher but I don’t think I’ll feel the need to upgrade unless something literally comes at me on this one. Based on your collection I’m guessing you’re holding one of the six…:baiting:

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

@N e r V Not hiding, just hate to ever imply I’m overshadowing someone else’s book they post.

Adventures Into Weird Worlds # 28 CGC 8.0.JPG

No worries. Never feel guilty about showing off books. That’s what we do here. I bought a lot of books after seeing boardies post theirs first…

10 hours ago, N e r V said:

This could have been a post code book easily too since nothing is shown but a lots implied.

I don't think so.  The expression on the guy's face, and the sharp fingernails wouldn't have gotten by code censorship.  Remember, post code books were written for 10 year olds.