• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

Two more War books from the War Adventures series: # 12 is superbly atmospheric and # 13 is a lesser seen Heath cover -

Wow!!! That cover on #12 is a beautiful thing to behold!!! Never saw that one before!!! Nice!!!! :applause:

A favorite right along this one -

47189-Battlefront17.jpg.cac68f6a50554169075f50097d895e82.jpg

Are you branching out? This doesn't look like it's the right month?

I definitely agree with you on the mood established by the cover -- it's one of my favorite war covers for that reason.

47186-WarAdventures12.jpg

I definitely agree with you on the mood established by the cover -- it's one of my favorite war covers for that reason.

47186-WarAdventures12.jpg

Maybe Kirby used the idea for the cover to Foxhole #1 (shrug)

I've been silently and slowly working on a War Comics run. (Hey 143, want to sell me back my copy of 23, LMK) Yesterday, I was able to pick up 25 pre-code Atlas War books including those shown above, the Everett Man comics and my second copy of War # 11. If anyone is interested in seeing more, just let me know.

I've been silently and slowly working on a War Comics run. (Hey 143, want to sell me back my copy of 23, LMK) Yesterday, I was able to pick up 25 pre-code Atlas War books including those shown above, the Everett Man comics and my second copy of War # 11. If anyone is interested in seeing more, just let me know.

Consider your arm twisted, mister! :sumo:

:foryou:

Wow what a great set of Atlas War books

Thanks. I'm happy with my purchase. Just for that, here's an encore. You'll excuse the Code stamp on the Battleground but the art inside makes up for it: Sinnott, Severin and Pike. :)

47234-Battle14.jpg.e570af5e98b65c4c30a690deb3438874.jpg

47235-Battleground5.jpg.3d4f6599555b120c3d49babdb42d54da.jpg

Great looking books, Scrooge!

Any interior stories stand out?

47230-Man20.jpg

Great looking books, Scrooge!

Any interior stories stand out?

Thanks AS. Next week I'm going to start the scanning process of all splashes in these books to have them posted on Atlas Tales but it'll take a while to go through the stack. I'll post noticeable story splashes as I go through them. (thumbs u

I tend to like historical yarns better than others but this short Everett story is quite sweet - (from Young Men # 18) -

47238-YoungMen18Story4s.jpg.bed85d9f756eaec7b6918e5875156664.jpg

I tend to like historical yarns better than others

Atlas did more historical stories than their competitors and is a reason to love them even if they didn't have Heath, Severin, Everett etc.

There were more War Adventures than those posted last night. Here's the broken neck cover and some of the less-often seen Young Men books -

You got all these Atlas books in one fell swoop? Great catch!

47231-WarAdventures9.jpg

AWP! That's a disturbing cover. Are the victim's eyes wide open? It's hard to tell from the scan.

This one's been on my want list for years:

Man Comics 25 (Apr 1953)

Supposedly there's a story in there that features something about phosphorus and iodine. Any chance that you got that issue and can take a look for it?

Thanks,

Jack