• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

Ask and you shall receive...

:acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim:

Thank You Dan!! (worship) (worship) (worship)

You put a big smile on my face. :grin:

:foryou:

I got mine back from 143ksk yesterday at Chicago. I missed the book while it was away :(

60998-War23s.jpg.7e5556ded3913ee9bc49cc2098796138.jpg

This book is easily my favorite purchase at Chicago :D

Very pretty!

I accidentally posted this on the Timely thread last night. How did I miss seeing this Atlas thread, where it belongs?

A nice-looking War Comics 14, December 1952 (what a great month), just in from a trade with Scrooge.

WarComics14.jpg

Fairly violent pre-code war book with plenty of commies and yellow menace. Probably a Brodsky cover, and the last story is by Maneely.

Jack

Very pretty!

I'll have more "pretty" later :cloud9:

Along with the War 23, 143ksk allowed me to buy back another Heath war cover in Navy Action # 4, the under-water submarine scene. Thanks Steve and I added another Heath companion to keep company to the Navy Action # 4, Navy Action # 2, another superb effort for Heath and the colors <3

It's very possible to have fun with this hobby without having to spend $$$$ as Jack would put it, and that's why I love it!

61003-NavyAction4s.jpg.e31534aef34ddf307d361fcda8722856.jpg

61004-NavyAction2s.jpg.2634d0b8ab731e0d3135faa8773d2b39.jpg

It's very possible to have fun with this hobby without having to spend $$$$

You're certainly proving it with these recent Atlas purchases of Everett (Lorna) and Heath art! :headbang:

Very pretty!

I'll have more "pretty" later :cloud9:

Along with the War 23, 143ksk allowed me to buy back another Heath war cover in Navy Action # 4, the under-water submarine scene. Thanks Steve and I added another Heath companion to keep company to the Navy Action # 4, Navy Action # 2, another superb effort for Heath and the colors <3

It's very possible to have fun with this hobby without having to spend $$$$ as Jack would put it, and that's why I love it!

Great books! Two of my top wants, I have a 4 that's beautiful, but has marvel chipping... :censored:

Great books! Two of my top wants, I have a 4 that's beautiful, but has marvel chipping... :censored:

Thank you.

A couple more Chicago pick-ups by that Eve-something guy. Not in the nicest shape but for the right price there is plenty I am willing to ignore ...

61094-Lorna24s.jpg.9522c99ef76afa39c8433ddce97493f9.jpg

61095-Lorna25s.jpg.980ac693c56538209ec19b6cbb4d4d99.jpg

It took me awhile, but I finally nailed one of my longtime "Dark age" Kirby Grails!

I usually don't bid on Heritage auctions, but I could not resist this one.

From 1957, a Kirby tour-de-force (3 stories) of the almost forgotten western hero: The BLACK RIDER. This is Kirby at his late-50's best. Lots of those great inset circular panels that seem to show up when Kirby really seemed to care about the story (such as in the early issues of Challengers of the Unknown).

The cover below is my scan. The interior pics are links from the Kirbymuseum.org website.

BRRA_01.jpg

BlackRiderLegentl.jpg

BlackRiderDuel.jpg

BlackRiderTreacherPg6.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan

Scrooge

Congrats on all the Lorna pick-ups.

Have you noticed any difference between the pre-code and post-code Lorna's?

Atlas Fan

Nice Black Rider - is it a tough book?

Scrooge

Congrats on all the Lorna pick-ups.

Have you noticed any difference between the pre-code and post-code Lorna's?

I have read them in depth, just skimmed through them and didn't notice much of a difference. In fact, I made that remark to my wife that Lorna is a great title because the Code didn't impact its content. And, yes, she listened! She's some sort of a saint :luhv:

Atlas Fan

Nice Black Rider - is it a tough book?

Why I've been looking for a nice VF/better copy for about 10 years. It is indeed a very tough book in grade.

Bill

Congratulations on finding one.

It took me awhile, but I finally nailed one of my longtime "Dark age" Kirby Grails!

From 1957, a Kirby tour-de-force (3 stories) of the almost forgotten western hero: The BLACK RIDER. This is Kirby at his late-50's best. Lots of those great inset circular panels that seem to show up when Kirby really seemed to care about the story (such as in the early issues of Challengers of the Unknown).

The cover below is my scan. The interior pics are links from the Kirbymuseum.org website.

BRRA_01.jpg

BlackRiderLegentl.jpg

BlackRiderDuel.jpg

WOW....it took me 15 years to find my VG+ copy ( thanks to Divad :cloud9: ).A VF copy is a phenomenal feat....I wasn't even sure it EXISTED in that high a grade.You are one lucky varmint !!!...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BRRA_01.jpg

BlackRiderLegentl.jpg

BlackRiderDuel.jpg

WOW....it took me 15 years to find my VG+ copy ( thanks to Divad :cloud9: ).A VF copy is a phenomenal feat....I wasn't even sure it EXISTED in that high a grade.You are one lucky varmint !!!...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wahl Thankee Kindly ya Cayote!

This book was from the Toronto Collection. There really are a swell collection of late 50's Westerns in that bunch!