• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

For Jack,

I assume you've been shown this one before: C-Bomb or Cobalt-Bomb ... for the next website update :baiting:

From Menace 10 -

89537.jpg

Fantastic! No, I've never seen it.

Atlas/Marvel did like their cobalt -- I'm not sure why they picked on it so often.

Is this a Hulk prototype story too?

Thanks,

Jack

Scanning as time permits maybe as all are low graded and I doubt people will want to see them ...

:sumo:(tsk)

Is that an invitation to post?!?

Here are the War books -

I like 'em all!

Combat Casey the weakest link, Maneely Wild Western my favorite.

Jack

I'm assuming most of these War/Battle Front covers are Heath's work because they are really gorgeous?

In fact, for the ones I posted, the Battlefront is by Severin and the Battle Action by Maneely. Even though I agree 100% that Heath is fantastic on those Atlas War covers.

I like 'em all!

Combat Casey the weakest link, Maneely Wild Western my favorite.

The Maneely Battle Action is my fave of the bunch. Really nice action scene on it and I like the color palette chosen on it too. Very moody.

Looks like Everett to me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It looks like something Everett could have drawn.

Got more Atlas Wars, a bunch of Combat Kellys with mostly work by Dave Berg and also this Battle 12. Aside from the Heath cover with the ubiquitous dead guy's head at lower right, I wouldn't have shown the book ... but for the funky printing error on the page below where the black plate slipped out at the bottom. It certainly jumped out at me when I read the book!

90664.jpg.818f9043b35ae082082bf45d67289582.jpg

90665.jpg.6256181cf554a16efdd0c4041151e5d3.jpg

Love this thread. Interesting topics and knowledgable Atlas fans. Horror and war comics are seemingly the main focus, which is to be expected. I would like to post some of the western books. There is a wealth of just outstanding covers and art/stories that I have picked up in the last few years.

West. Outlaws # 1 Maneely hanging cover with Heath, Powell and Ayers art

west out 1

Maneely cvr. Just look at the detail of the gun belts, holsters, boots and attire. This is just a labor of love by Joe. This issue also has Everett, Sinnott and Heck art.

WEST OUT 9

WILD WEST 36

TGK # 25 also has Williamson art.

TWO GUN KID 25

West. Kid # 8 I just like mood and grimness of this cover by Shores.

WEST KID 8

Cowboy Action # 11 Look at the depth and detail by Maneely on this cover art. Plus there are Williamson and Matt Baker stories.

COW ACT 11

Williamson splash page from CA #11

COW ACT WILLIAM

Here is the Baker splash from CA #11. Not his best stuff, but rarely found in Atlas books.

COW ACT BAKER

Quick Trigger West. # 15 What can I say!? What a cover. Plus issue has a Torres story.

QK TRIG WEST 15

:applause: Lots of great covers and interiors in those Atlas Westerns.