• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

Everett drew a similar scene for Men's Adv 21. Both are very cool!

ADVTERROR20.jpg

Ahh, I remember those old classifieds...there is something charming about these old hand-written ads...

Amazing, this is the first Marnin price listing I've seen in quite some time with books priced under 3 digits!

i was so excited about closing my ped run with a spokane, i posted it in the ped thread only, and forgot about this one.

spokane.jpg

Awesome book! :headbang:

:bump: and a quote from a thread in general:

I think it's that one, but in the back of my mind I hear a voice saying there's another dog story in a book somewhere. But I'm pretty sure it's K-9.

That's a quote from Buttock about an Atlas War story with a pooch. He was not sure it was K-9.

I got in a copy of Marines in Battle # 5 and the story you remembered might be Guam, the last one of the book with the dog Montezuma. Check out your copy to be sure.

Love it! The colors on this one are much more appealing than the AINT and tips the scale to make it my favorite of the two. They're both good. (thumbs u

Here is the Men's Adventure 21 that is similar to the Adventures Into Terror 25 cover. I think I like the AINT 25 better.

MENSADVT21.jpg

This Atlas title produced many excellent covers. Here are a few of my favorites.

I looked many years to find a nice copy of this issue.

ASTONISH 34

Harry Anderson gets credited for this great cover.

ASTONISH 32

Maneely cover

ASTONISH 31

The next two Everett covers have to be on anyone who collects Atlas horror. Superlative interior artwork by the same artist.

ASTONISH 4

ASTONISH 5

Edited by RICK STARR

I stand corrected. It is an Anderson cover on Astonishing 32. I looked it up in Overstreet and it gave Sale the credit. Looking at it, I thought it was a strange looking Sale style. I was not sure if Anderson was drawing in early 1953, but the Atlas Tales site confirms it. We all know Overstreet is riddled with errors. They got me on this one.

I stand corrected. It is an Anderson cover on Astonishing 32. I looked it up in Overstreet and it gave Sale the credit. Looking at it, I thought it was a strange looking Sale style. I was not sure if Anderson was drawing in early 1953, but the Atlas Tales site confirms it. We all know Overstreet is riddled with errors. They got me on this one.

Doesn't change the fact you've got smoking books :headbang:

Here's my pitiful attempt at owning a copy of that Astonishing ... of course, when you pay $1, you can't expect the moon :grin:

92950.jpg.c7f80cb07828dd494020744c608a2999.jpg

Heath and Everett are both great. That looks like some good reading!

Not the best condition. Has a Heath story & two Everett stories.

Photobucket

:cloud9: the Atlas Jungle titles. New to the collection. Leopard Girl's outfit is such that she's basically running around the Jungle nekkid -

(shrug) .....I thought that was why we liked 'em. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. According to Genesis....naked was the ideal....clothing was a BAD thing...and if you have a wife who likes to shop, you know how mind-numbingly true that is :insane:

:cloud9: the Atlas Jungle titles. New to the collection. Leopard Girl's outfit is such that she's basically running around the Jungle nekkid -

(shrug) .....I thought that was why we liked 'em. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. According to Genesis....naked was the ideal....clothing was a BAD thing...and if you have a wife who likes to shop, you know how mind-numbingly true that is :insane:

wife, who likes to shop :o