• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

Here's a few new Atlas books..... so many books, so little money...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

WARADVENTURES10.jpg

WARADV12.jpg

BATTLE55.jpg

..... they arrived a couple days ago..... the War 10 is cool...... The MIKE'S MISSION is particularly cool..... GOD BLESS...

Wow those are some great looking war covers. Never been much into these types of comics (war), but the last few posted here are making me reconsider.

Nah. What I believe is happening to you is that you are discovering Russ Heath Atlas goodness :) He did it in the Western genre as well but that shouldn't be enough to convince you to start buying Westerns.

War, Western, Heath, Maneely, Severin, there's just so much goodness in fifties Atlas comics!

(thumbs u

Great books Jim!

The weather effect/lack of words/injured soldier on the War 12 cover really sets a serious adult tone for a "funny" book. Classic.

Do you know who did the cover? I can't seem to find any name on it from the pic and there isn't anything in the Grand Comic Database.

Thanks again for sharing!

-bc

Great books Jim!

The weather effect/lack of words/injured soldier on the War 12 cover really sets a serious adult tone for a "funny" book. Classic.

Do you know who did the cover? I can't seem to find any name on it from the pic and there isn't anything in the Grand Comic Database.

-bc

Carl Burgos of Human Torch fame is attributed according to www.atlastales.com .......... and NICE additions to your set, Mr Evans...... I don't suppose your Astonishing 4 is for sale ? GOD BLESS...

Great books Jim!

-bc

Carl Burgos of Human Torch fame is attributed according to www.atlastales.com .......... and NICE additions to your set, Mr Evans...... I don't suppose your Astonishing 4 is for sale ? GOD BLESS...

They attribute the art to Brodsky but I think it more likely that it be Burgos as there are a number stylistically similar covers done by him.

http://www.atlastales.com/issue/4471

NICE additions to your set, Mr Evans...... I don't suppose your Astonishing 4 is for sale ?

Thanks Jim. The Astonishing 4 is a keeper for now.

Then a handful of recent pickups I'm quite happy with.

Really like this one :applause:

138685.jpg

You and I share a fondness for Heath :foryou:

Thanks for all the kind comments, certainly not easy tracking down Atlas books in this market!

He's finally got a full museum exhibition of his work over in Spain. Looks like they did a bang-up job.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6792458&gonew=1#UNREAD

138683.jpg

Excellent books guys! I just love this one though. The greens, the background details, and monster wiping his mouth.... I LOVE IT!!!

138683.jpg

Excellent books guys! I just love this one though. The greens, the background details, and monster wiping his mouth.... I LOVE IT!!!

One of my favourite Atlas pre-code covers. Very gruesome and gothic.

A nifty Matt Fox story included in this issue.

Matt Fox is one of my personal favorites for his distinctive style, including his collaboration with Larry Leiber (bringing those stories alive) and also his Weird Tales covers.