• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Around 2007-8 there was a Strange Tales 28 up on eBay that was getting little attention in around the condition of the one posted above. The night the auction ended, I was sitting calmly eating a late dinner with my wife when I got that "oh mess!" feeling. I logged on and totally forgot the time. The auction ended and it sold for $200! :frustrated:

Btw: nice books Thanos! :applause:

Yup, been there...I let a lot of books go too cheap on Ebay over the years simply because I forgot about the end of an auction.

Ditto that. Outstanding copies of nice books! I'm lucky to have a few of the same, but def. not a JIM #6. You had/have good taste in keeping those! :)

Thank you :) . I mostly sold off Atlas issues from titles that I did not feel like I could ever complete the entire run, but in those cases, I held on to the issues with great covers.

I did not have the bandwidth to collect the non-horror Atlas books seriously, but these are some of the highlights of the ones I picked up over the years:

meet_miss_bliss_1.jpg

jpg[/img]

The census is wrong on the number #1. :gossip: There are only two grades copies. The 7.5 copy is this comic. They mislabeled this issue. This is issue #4.

f30693fbaf7c1733648c216df401ae16_zps8862d07d.jpg[/img]

Here's one I've not posted before. The coloring on this cover is amazing. Am I right in thinking this is a toughie to find?

idhsld.jpg

Cool cover - not one I was previously aware of.

(thumbs u Thanks guys.

The cover elements really pop in hand. I love the way the yellow highlights on the logo echo the yellow highlights on the figure. Neat effect!

Here's an Atlas I picked up recently from a fellow bordie. It's a nice mix of horror and sci/fi.

JIUW%205%20tag_zpsndshimrq.jpg

JIUW%205_zpsazhl82xb.jpg

A beautiful copy, but too bad that it's slabbed; one of my favorite readers...ALL good stories!