• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm happy. He had a lot of nice un-picked stock. I spent some dough with him and encouraged him to come back. I wish High grade and Greg Reese had brought some GA. They both looked real bored every time I walked by. Not a customer in the booth. Ted, Saul, and Brian Peets were taking money all day. Jamie Graham had some real nice books but they were pretty high end. I hope he did well.

My only Atlas purchase at Wondercon. I also purchased a couple of nice pre-hero books though.

DSC_0003%20852x1280_zpsz8vi6wsy.jpg

Nice book!

I'm really liking that multi colored title! (thumbs u

My only Atlas purchase at Wondercon. I also purchased a couple of nice pre-hero books though.

Nice book!

I'm really liking that multi colored title! (thumbs u

Cheers! (thumbs u

I also do, but it seems kinda out of place on a war book though. lol

That's a cool cover. Don't think I have seen that one before. How many comics were released by Atlas/Marvel with multi colored logos? I know a few Millie the Model annuals, FF Annual, I think another war comic not sure the title or issue. Seem kinda random in when they were released. :popcorn:

Looked it up. Battlefront #37 had a multi colored logo came out in Nov 55 :popcorn:

The Marines in Action #4 came out Dec. 55.

Millie the Model annual #2, 3 and 5

Strange Tales annual #2

Amazing Spider Man annual #1

Fantasic Four annual #1 and 2

Was this all of them? :popcorn:

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

That's a cool cover. Don't think I have seen that one before. How many comics were released by Atlas/Marvel with multi colored logos? I know a few Millie the Model annuals, FF Annual, I think another war comic not sure the title or issue. Seem kinda random in when they were released. :popcorn:

Looked it up. Battlefront #37 had a multi colored logo came out in Nov 55 :popcorn:

Strange Tales annual #2

.... nice copy of MIA 4. I always liked those multi-color titles. I don't recall any for the Horror titles...probably wouldn't be a good design touch for them. I'd imagine the jumped out at the stands. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... Patrick (pickycollector) has a real decent Atlas TGK in his sales thread....

Strange Tales annual #2

Yes, I think that are all of them. There are 2 other books that could fit in:

Krazy Comics 18 and 21, but they have only two colors in the multi colored logo.

Strange Tales annual #2

.... nice copy of MIA 4. I always liked those multi-color titles. I don't recall any for the Horror titles...probably wouldn't be a good design touch for them. I'd imagine the jumped out at the stands. GOD BLESS...

..... Patrick (pickycollector) has a real decent Atlas TGK in his sales thread....

Cheers Jimbo! (thumbs u

I'm not into TGK (yet), but I picked up a couple of nice Atlas Westerns lately, the package is waiting for me at work. I'll be at the store on Sunday, can't wait to hold them in hand.

I haven't posted a lot of books over the last few months in this thread and thought that I could post a few Marvel Tales that I did not yet post tonight. Here's the first one (with a great Everett cover):

DSC_0006%20788x1280_zps6ggkyngi.jpg

I haven't posted a lot of books over the last few months in this thread and thought that I could post a few Marvel Tales that I did not yet post tonight. Here's the first one (with a great Everett cover):

Great book! Why doesn't CGC credit Everett with the cover?

...sharp eye..... GOD BLESS...

Good question. I don't know how they do it with the labels at CGC, but maybe the guy who took care of the label information didn't recognize the Everett art (the cover is not signed).

This one has another great Everett cover, one I fancy very much!

DSC_0009%20806x1280_zpsdypdoed5.jpg

....another one that you really should get a reader for..... one of the best ones. GOD BLESS...

This one has another great Everett cover, one I fancy very much!

DSC_0009%20806x1280_zpsdypdoed5.jpg

....another one that you really should get a reader for..... one of the best ones. GOD BLESS...

You're right, I should and would love to, but even readers are expensive. I sure wish that Marvel would continue to publish the Atlas Archives.

.....people just don't know what they're missing..... GOD BLESS....

I'm a relative newbie to Atlas PCH, but I read a few issues this week and came away pretty impressed. Very cool mix of art throughout, and at least a couple of stories that were 'EC quality'.

Good question. I don't know how they do it with the labels at CGC, but maybe the guy who took care of the label information didn't recognize the Everett art (the cover is not signed).

I feel like this cover may have been a collaboration (Colan/Everett?) though the lowest of the 3 panels at the very bottom LFC is 100% Everett.

Love this cover.

.....people just don't know what they're missing..... GOD BLESS....

I'm a relative newbie to Atlas PCH, but I read a few issues this week and came away pretty impressed. Very cool mix of art throughout, and at least a couple of stories that were 'EC quality'.

... like all 50's books, you'll hit some duds..... but the good is REAL good. GOD BLESS...