• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

I haven't posted a lot of books over the last few months in this thread and thought that I could post a few Marvel Tales that I did not yet post tonight. Here's the first one (with a great Everett cover):

DSC_0006%20788x1280_zps6ggkyngi.jpg

Great book! Why doesn't CGC credit Everett with the cover?

Good question. I don't know how they do it with the labels at CGC, but maybe the guy who took care of the label information didn't recognize the Everett art (the cover is not signed).

I feel like this cover may have been a collaboration (Colan/Everett?) though the lowest of the 3 panels at the very bottom LFC is 100% Everett.

Love this cover.

It looks pretty much all Everett to me, but I could be wrong.

IMHO, this edition, if not THE best Atlas reader for PCH, is easily in the top tier. Not a lot of gore, as is typical for Atlas, but 7 good stories. Umm, make that half good, and half VERY good, eh eh.

8x8ppg.jpg

IMHO, this edition, if not THE best Atlas reader for PCH, is easily in the top tier. Not a lot of gore, as is typical for Atlas, but 7 good stories. Umm, make that half good, and half VERY good, eh eh.

8x8ppg.jpg

I don't have that one. Nice Heath cover by the way!

8x8ppg.jpg

I've been wanting one of these..... and 52 pages to boot.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This issue is very special to me. I fell in love with the cover when I first saw it in the Gerber books and manages to find a copy years later. This is one of my favorite covers of the series and I felt the urge to upgrade lately, but after looking at GPA decided to keep this copy, which is the first issue of Marvel Tales I purchased.

DSC_0016%20916x1280_zpsdxwjybvu.jpg

This issue is very special to me. I fell in love with the cover when I first saw it in the Gerber books and manages to find a copy years later. This is one of my favorite covers of the series and I felt the urge to upgrade lately, but after looking at GPA decided to keep this copy, which is the first issue of Marvel Tales I purchased.

...another I've never had.....how are the stories ? GOD BLESS....

One of my favorites. Should have never auctioned this one:

MT130FC_zps3ef7c1ff.jpg

...another I've never had.....how are the stories ? GOD BLESS....

Not that good, if memory serves me right. I flipped through it and I liked the first and the last stories best if I remember this correctly.

MT130FC_zps3ef7c1ff.jpg

Great looking copy, to bad that you parted with it.

MT130FC_zps3ef7c1ff.jpg

Great looking copy, to bad that you parted with it.

I think I had that book in my sights several months ago and I just gave up on it as it climbed higher and higher at the time. If its the same one I can say that I've regretted not jumping in on it at the last second. Great book.

Atlas books are very under represented on the Census..... they may just need a link to www.atlastales.com .....they're probably just going by OPG which has gaps in this type of stuff.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

...the squeaky wheel gets the grease....

I avidly collected Atlas comics in the early to mid 2000s, especially Journey Into Mystery and Strange Tales, but I got away from it the past few years due to the significant escalation in prices for mid-grade and above condition books. I sold a number of the Atlas comics in my collection, but kept the majority. After seeing this thread, I decided to post some of the more notable issues in my collection:

strange_tales_18.jpg

jim_6.jpg

Menace_1.jpg

Edited by LordThanos1969

It's always nice to see everyone else's goodies. The early 2000's I was still chasing SA...... didn't even realize just how much stuff Atlas put out until I found this thread and then Scrooge pointed me to www.atlastales.com .... I was already an Everett fan so the splice was easy. I'm always interested in hearing stories about just exactly why an individual started chasing the Atlas bus..... GOD BLESS...

Around 2007-8 there was a Strange Tales 28 up on eBay that was getting little attention in around the condition of the one posted above. The night the auction ended, I was sitting calmly eating a late dinner with my wife when I got that "oh mess!" feeling. I logged on and totally forgot the time. The auction ended and it sold for $200! :frustrated:

Btw: nice books Thanos! :applause: