• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

You've been keeping these spy books a secret from us! :ohnoez:

I love it when you post runs :cloud9: ...Hey, Michael.... do you still have that area set up with every title that was on the stands in a certain month and year ? If so, do you have a picture and could you tell me what the date was ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

16 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Sadly, I do not have the same set up any more. I've repurposed the shelves to hold TPBs and HCs and other sundry reprints I've accumulated these past 10 years so the comics are boxed. I still have all of them though.

This is what the March 1952 collection looked like when on display -

ComicShelves-March07.jpg

(worship)

So my buddy and I were BOTH wrong..... we had a friendly 5 dollar wager, he said 1956 and I thought 1954 …..   GOD BLESS....

4 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Sadly, I do not have the same set up any more. I've repurposed the shelves to hold TPBs and HCs and other sundry reprints I've accumulated these past 10 years so the comics are boxed. I still have all of them though.

This is what the March 1952 collection looked like when on display -

ComicShelves-March07.jpg

That is one of the most epic comic rooms I've ever seen. Man, I could have fun with those display cases!

Here's a few pages from Bible Tales For Young Folk # 1 ……. the first two are by a personal favorite artist that doesn't have the notoriety that some of the others enjoy, Sam Kweskin. GOD BLESS...

…. courtesy of www.atlastales.com

C-892 Noah's Ark Page 1

C-994 The Miracles Page 1

C-924 The Transfiguration Page 1

C-903 Children of the Bible Page 1

C-884 In the Beginning ... Page 1

On 9/5/2018 at 7:31 AM, jimjum12 said:

:news:

...while these may not excite many of you, I just snagged upgrades of three issues in my Bible Tales for Young Folks. I spent two years searching eBay every day to put together my first run..... the number 5 was easily the most difficult to find and the only one left that I need to find a VG/F copy of for my permanent run. For those not familiar with these, obviously they contain Bible stories.... but each one is drawn by the best of the best in the Atlas stable … Everett, Colan, Heath, Kweskin, Anderson, Robinson, Maneely, and more :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

ATLAS BTFYF 1.jpg

ATLAS BTFYF 3.jpg

ATLAS BTFYF 4.jpg

Never seen high grade copies of these.  Congrats!

6 minutes ago, buttock said:

Never seen high grade copies of these.  Congrats!

Metro had a raw VF of #2 that a boardie now owns..... I almost went for it, but figured it would seem out of place in my lower grade run. Like you, it always seemed to me that pursuing them in high grade would be an exercise in futility …. GOD BLESS....

790_o.jpg

792_o.jpg

793_o.jpg

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks to the great boardie above, this cool Bill Everett covered book just arrived in my mailbox. Who says you have to have deep pockets to collect GA?

D42B5DB3-D7AE-456E-AF9B-EBC84BD7635A.jpeg

The Bill Everett covers in the jungle genre are some of my favorites that he ever did :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

14 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Here's a few pages from Bible Tales For Young Folk # 1 ……. the first two are by a personal favorite artist that doesn't have the notoriety that some of the others enjoy, Sam Kweskin. GOD BLESS...

…. courtesy of www.atlastales.com

C-892 Noah's Ark Page 1

C-994 The Miracles Page 1

C-924 The Transfiguration Page 1

C-903 Children of the Bible Page 1

C-884 In the Beginning ... Page 1

I love this Jim.  The art is amazing.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, jimjum12 said:

:news:

...while these may not excite many of you, I just snagged upgrades of three issues in my Bible Tales for Young Folks. I spent two years searching eBay every day to put together my first run..... the number 5 was easily the most difficult to find and the only one left that I need to find a VG/F copy of for my permanent run. For those not familiar with these, obviously they contain Bible stories.... but each one is drawn by the best of the best in the Atlas stable … Everett, Colan, Heath, Kweskin, Anderson, Robinson, Maneely, and more :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

ATLAS BTFYF 1.jpg

ATLAS BTFYF 3.jpg

ATLAS BTFYF 4.jpg

I love the one you sold me.  Congrats on adding these to the collection (thumbsu