• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

Unusual for me to have a nice-looking Atlas book to post here. These Cold War books are interesting.

Spy Cases 14, Dec-52 (what a great month, eh?).

Brodsky cover.

Looks like that dirty Commie is literally about to eat lead!

Too bad about the stain in the middle of the top edge.

Jack

55292-SpyCases.jpg

What a great cover!

Was that an ebay grab?

Either way a great book, and fun to turn upside-down to look at too! (thumbs u

it was indeed; and the seller either had a sense of humor, or wasn't paying attention--the book came in the mylar upside down!

Was that an ebay grab?

it was indeed; and the seller either had a sense of humor, or wasn't paying attention--the book came in the mylar upside down!

Is there a scan? For some reason, nothing shows up on my computer.

Was that an ebay grab?

I thought the same thing when I saw the cover. In fact, the resemblance was so strong that I thought it might be a Don Heck cover until I looked it up and found it's credited to Harry Anderson.

Compare and contrast:

55348-0310100.jpg.df505938ed2793623611ffbce8d21cf0.jpg

55349-19225_4_001.jpg.e0839a8d03493f0ebbd3bc70cb6f0709.jpg

55350-937_4_05.jpg.9bd6b9293a43e78a490d6d71d7bb7aa0.jpg

55351-937_4_03.jpg.f581af13950c7b88daf178cfd0cbf160.jpg

I thought the same thing when I saw the cover. In fact, the resemblance was so strong that I thought it might be a Don Heck cover until I looked it up and found it's credited to Harry Anderson.

One tell is that Heck makes little use of cross-hatching. Both are fine horror artists.

Just in from Heritage & quickly disentombed. Probably overpaid a little, but what a great book. Everett at the top of his game.

So it was YOU who out bid me with only 11 seconds left! :sumo:

Congrats! :foryou: I'm glad it went to a fellow boardie! (especially since I found out I owe on my tax return today :eek: )

(tiny scan, but looked pretty decent).

Yeah ... that doesn't mean anything ... Here's another book with an okay pic in the listing and the book looks about as "nice" as I expected but the undisclosed half a roll of tape scattered through the interior is really the bummer in this deal :pullhair: Oh well, Lorna is still dreamy :luhv:

55914-Lorna26.jpg.4ad78816a16f352f54f981771e921611.jpg

Just in from Heritage & quickly disentombed. Probably overpaid a little, but what a great book. Everett at the top of his game.

Heckuva book, Buttock!! I really love 1950's Everett ... ASTONISHING and VENUS are two titles well worth going after!! Everett's brushwork from this period is incredible, and his imagination seemed totally uninhibited.

I used to love reading those Everett Venus reprints ... Weird Wonder Tales (1970's) I think?

eBay may be a jungle but it looks like Lorna could handle herself in it just fine.

That's another beautiful Everett cover. :applause:

Heckuva book, Buttock!! I really love 1950's Everett ... ASTONISHING and VENUS are two titles well worth going after!! Everett's brushwork from this period is incredible, and his imagination seemed totally uninhibited.

I used to love reading those Everett Venus reprints ... Weird Wonder Tales (1970's) I think?

Thanks! I had horrific luck with this book. 3 different bidding catastrophes - one each on Ebay/Heritage/Clink over the past year so I was glad to have a bid finally go through.

The Venus books are too crazy right now for me to go after, but I'd love to get them.

Thanks! I had horrific luck with this book. 3 different bidding catastrophes - one each on Ebay/Heritage/Clink over the past year so I was glad to have a bid finally go through.

The Venus books are too crazy right now for me to go after, but I'd love to get them.

Had no idea that these books were so hot right now!! Guess I'll be waiting a spell before I even consider them.

Glad this one worked out for you ... I think it may be the best cover out of the three ASTONISHING Everett Marvel Boy covers!!

:headbang: