• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,290 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jayman said:

Love it too, I always hear the Traveling Wilburys in my head when I see this cover. What grade did he have his in?

Strange Tales # 50.jpg

It's been a while, but I think 6.0 or 6.5 ... which is the beginning of high grade for most Atlas ... I have a few friends who love Atlas AND have money who still don't have copies of many of them above VG/F ... which, if graded tightly, ain't bad. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... Gene did say once that there are high grades out there, but they aren't slabbed and they don't change hands.... 

11 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

... Gene did say once that there are high grades out there, but they aren't slabbed and they don't change hands.... 

Of that I’m sure! I know a boardie that has a beautiful cover proof of this book. I’m not much of a grade chaser these days but some of these books just shine in high grade, and this is one of them!

7 hours ago, Jayman said:

Love it too, I always hear the Traveling Wilburys in my head when I see this cover. What grade did he have his in?

Strange Tales # 50.jpg

Absolutely, one of the most difficult Atlas issues to find in a solid fine or better. I have looked since the 1980s. My raw grades around vg+.

33 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

This one has the most gloss possible for an Atlas... and we all know that can be quite a bit. The Heath cover doesn't hurt. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

ZxcPX9t.jpg

Yow! Where is the Kid jumping that horse to??!? I really hope there’s a nearby cliff or he’s gonna be doing a Wile E. Coyote pretty quick! 

On 5/28/2021 at 1:39 PM, Jayman said:

Yow! Where is the Kid jumping that horse to??!? I really hope there’s a nearby cliff or he’s gonna be doing a Wile E. Coyote pretty quick! 

Hmm, may I introduce you to:

Comet, the Super-Horse:

super-horse.jpg