• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

278 posts in this topic

SO! 

I was all tooled up to  go to Fantasticon Toledo for set up tomorrow, when the Ohio Gov  put out the word that any such  gatherings were officially on hold.

Could have  been worse,  I hadn't started loading the truck yet, lol

But that leaves me  at loose ends for the  weekend, so  I figgered  I might  as well put  the time to use.  I'm  selling what's closest,  which  happens to be  a big old pile
of  British  and other  import books,  heavy on 50's and 60's squarebounds  with  some great content,  four  very pretty  1962 British  Flash  reprints,  Australian and 
Brazilian  Tarzan, and  of all things,  Dutch  Flash  Gordon   reprints from  the Alex Raymond era, Beyond these  I have some  interesting Golden Age,  a nice pile of 
coverless  precode horror and other fun books, some very clean 50's giveaways,  and a very  pretty  Bronze book  to  be revealed  later. 

If you're all GOOD  boys and girls  I  MAY   even pull out  my Cerebus #1 and offer it up. 

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four  books, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.
For the bargainminded  I  can  ship  one or  two books  First Class for  $4.50

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal, but I'm less cranky about than I used to be,  :D

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Astounding Stories 6, British

Reprints Atlas SF stories plus an early Human Torch  and  an  early Doctor Strange.  Flat and tight,  good  gloss,  some  general  wear along the spine

Asking $10

eN8FCMz.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Oh,  I should mention,   all  these British   books are printed  in black  and white  unless otherwise noted.

Edited by catrick339

The Beyond 2

No front cover  except for  that  little dab left  lower LH,  BC  still intact, and actually  still  attached  at both staples. Interior is  flat  and tight, off-white pages,

Asking $10  SOLD!

8ipmth4.jpg

Edited by catrick339

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Maybe an “End if the World” sale if things keep going the way they have been. EVERY show shut down out here until end of April at least. I predict lots of new eBay listings and board sales. 

Naah,  this is more  of  a  "Rick  and Cat  were  excited  about  going to  Toledo, and  now  Rick's bored" sale. 

Of course,  interspersed in the  British  and the  cool  coverless,  there  are  a  few gems too.

Battleground 2

Jack Katz, Jay Scott Pike,  Paul  Reinman 

Flat,  clean,  tight,   glossy, white pages.  Touch  of general wear  on  a pretty   copy.

Asking $60  SOLD!

EUoMSsE.jpg

Edited by catrick339

War 5

Full of Atlas and other  50's  war stories,  including Joe Maneely  and Dave Berg
Chips FC, general  wear,  spine roll

Asking $5 SOLD!

AEikqQp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Magilla Gorilla Kite Fun Book, 1964

Here's one that  I  haven't  seen before,  always  fun  stumbling into  a  new  giveaway.

Flat and  tight,  nice  pages. This one is  digest size,   about the same  as  later March of Comics  issues.

Asking $20

U0Dc00V.jpg

Betty And Veronica Annual 8

This is out of the  big  warehouse find  back fifteen or so years ago on the east coast,   Bakerstowne?  Something like that.

Like many  of  the  books,  this one  has distributor overspray  along the  spine  and the RH  edge. 
Otherwise  flat,  clean,  square,  glossy,  tight with  white pages. 

Asking $90 SOLD! per PM

Pc0W6xH.jpg

Edited by catrick339

16 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Of course,  interspersed in the  British  and the  cool  coverless,  there  are  a  few gems too.

Battleground 2

Jack Katz, Jay Scott Pike,  Paul  Reinman 

Flat,  clean,  tight,   glossy, white pages.  Touch  of general wear  on  a pretty   copy.

Asking $60

EUoMSsE.jpg

:takeit:

Time of Decision  nn, Harvey

Promotional  giveaway for  the ROTC

Supposedly a file  copy  according to my  source,  and certainly it's in nice shape,  sixteen color pages,  flat and tight. White pages  with  just a touch of 
yellow halo  around the perimeter.

Asking  $20 

EDIT:  Well,  I  caught  the  book  on  a lip of the bag,  and now there's a chip  off  upper RH FC,  and a couple tiny tears upper edge.  Sigh...

Now  $5 

tbtEo3j.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Crack Action,  no number found.

Mostly  war stories,  versus the dirty Commies, but also  Danger Safari from Vooda 20,  originally  from Jungle Comics 2, 
The Sun Blew Away,  Vooda  story  from  issue 22,  Matt Baker art, The Big Blast!, Black Cobra  story  from issue 6
Tight enough,  with  general  wear.

Asking $10  SOLD!

yPSCiAD.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Sweetheart Diary 45

Here's  a pretty one.

Flat,  tight, glossy,  tight, white pages

Asking  $25  SDLD!

qaXIEgl.jpg

Edited by catrick339