• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

278 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Comcav said:

any pics of the content?  At least be interested to know what publisher's stuff this was reprinting.

I'll get some snaps,  but nothing looked familiar.  it *may* bee original content, but I  don't have  enough  experience with prewar  and WWII stuff to determine,
Pix coming shortly.

Just now, catrick339 said:

I'll get some snaps,  but nothing looked familiar.  it *may* bee original content, but I  don't have  enough  experience with prewar  and WWII stuff to determine,
Pix coming shortly.

no rush mate, just hadn't seen it before so you got me curious!

All right,  pix should be downloading shortly,  and I DID find one humor  strip  with  the character kicking Hitler's backside, 
so definitely  WWII  vintage. 

I'll post  them  when  they make  their way through the  Cloud.

Good excuse to hold  off on that last comic post,  isn't it?  :D

And it may  be  a while before I see the other pix,  so  let's nail  the lid down on this thread.

ONE

Jumbo Comics 117

Flat  and tight,  decent gloss,  bone white pages,  just  a bit of  general wear,  and an odd stripe vertical  parallel  to the RH edge. It appears to be a tiny ridge in the paper. 
It may be  something odd  from  production.  Doesn't break color,  may not be visible in the scan.  NCB dogear upper RH FC.

Attractive copy for $65  SOLD!

tXyiSmd.jpg

Edited by catrick339

7 minutes ago, OdinsSecrets said:

Was curious about the book too, hard to find much info on it but what I did see leads me to think it was original.

https://ukcomics.fandom.com/wiki/Murdock_Stimpson

https://www.lambiek.net/artists/b/banger_edgar_h.htm

https://ukcomics.fandom.com/wiki/Gerald_Swan_(1902-1980)

Ooh  good  stuff! OdinsSecrets for the WIN!

Yep,   original  book,  circa 1941.

Thanks Odins!

So there you have it, my friends!

New Funnies 9  is  a  true Golden Age  British comic,  original work  from WWII,  and  I've posted the last book  for the thread. 

I'll  start  sending out invoices  tomorrow  midday,  so figure  a soft close  around Noon,   hard close  after the last invoice  has gone out,.

Between Bedrock and this  thread  I haven't  missed  Fantasticon  the least bit!

Thanks  to  all,  it's been  a fun couple of days.

8 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

And it may  be  a while before I see the other pix,  so  let's nail  the lid down on this thread.

ONE

Jumbo Comics 117

Flat  and tight,  decent gloss,  bone white pages,  just  a bit of  general wear,  and an odd stripe vertical  parallel  to the RH edge. It appears to be a tiny ridge in the paper. 
It may be  something odd  from  production.  Doesn't break color,  may not be visible in the scan.  NCB dogear upper RH FC.

Attractive copy for $65

tXyiSmd.jpg

Oh, did I mention the Matt Baker art?

I DIDN'T?

Matt Baker art in this issue!

G'morning Gang!

Soft close at Noon today,  four hours left  to  pick  that carcass,  or  score  some beautiful  Cerebus  issues.

15 hours ago, catrick339 said:

ONE

Jumbo Comics 117

Attractive copy for $65

tXyiSmd.jpg

15 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Oh, did I mention the Matt Baker art?

I DIDN'T?

Matt Baker art in this issue!

Twist my arm why don’t you?lol

:takeit:

Jumbo 117 is SOLD!

Thanks Matt!

And that's  SOFT CLOSE

Invoices start rolling now,  HARD CLOSE  when the last one goes out,  circa  1 PM  or so

Howdy all,   the last invoice just went out,   so it's time to  doff my  hat and bow deeply  to  the  crowd!

My thanks to the buyers,  the kibitzers,  the folks that appreciated this book or that, and the lurkers,  it was an all around
swell time,  and a pretty decent  substitute for  Fantasticon  Toledo.

Maybe we can do the whole thing again in a couple weeks!

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED