• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

278 posts in this topic

Cerebus 2

Small dogear upper RH FC, half dozen   color breaks  along spine. Corners still  sharp,  book is flat and clean.

Asking $100  SOLD!

5nbUkAr.jpg

Edited by catrick339

And here is the big enchilada!

Cerebus  #1,  original!

And  yes,  I've  owned  counterfeits,  and  know  the difference.  For those of you  not familiar,  some time in the late 1980's or so,
someone  put out a VERY  convincing   counterfeit  copy  of  #1.  There  are several  minor  differences,  but the biggest,  and 
easiest  way to  tell  is just to open the cover.  The original  was  glossy on the outside,  but had  a  matte  finish on the inside,. 
The counterfeit  is glossy  inside and out,

This is only  the second  copy  I've ever owned,   my first copy  I bought  off the news stand for  a buck  when it was new,

This copy  looks  just  like every other copy  I've  seen in  hand,   and  better than most,. 
Flat  and tight,  glossy (on the outside,  lol)  tight with white pages,  but  with the usual  stress  lines and color breaks 
along   the spine,.   Except for the Sim  file copies,  they  almost  ALL  look like this,  and most of  them  I've seen 
are actually  a bit worse.

Pricing aggressively, I don't mind keeping this one at all.

Asking $1200   FIRM FIRM FIRM

8ONhmy7.jpg

Edited by catrick339

And the final issue:

Cerebus  Zero,   GOLD  EDITION

Hey, one last  gorgeous black   copy!

Along with this one  you  get  a  regular copy  of Cerebus Zero,  and  a reader copy of  Cerebus Jam 1

Asking $90

CtMIAW6.jpg

Pnr59wK.jpg

ebcWrKF.jpg

And there you  have it,  my  friends,  my early Cerebus collection in its entirety, 
up for grabs  with mostly  gorgeous copies, and all you need  are deep pockets, :D

Break time,  I'm  going to grab some dinner  and  be back here  by  6 PM or so, with the last batch  of books

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

These early Cerebus are really fascinating. I have a batch of higher numbering issues which would love to give to someone for cheap, but in the end I never managed to read it.

Well, it WAS  an acquired  taste,  lol

Eighty  Page Giant 8, Secret Origins 

Flat and tight,  nice gloss,   white pages. Pretty copy, but  some light foxing  along spine BC.
Special  bonus!  Coverless  copy of  Secret Origins 1  goes with it!

Asking $60

i2ahrYk.jpg

eW4QXBl.jpg

Edited by catrick339

6 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Well, it WAS  an acquired  taste,  lol

From the little I have grasped by reading some of them here and there (the Melmoth ones with the death of Oscar Wilde) they were really well written.
I think that if Sim was less "egocgentric" he would still have a lot to contribute to comics.

The Flash 4,  1962 British

Flt and tight,   square and glossy, bit of general wear, small ink upper LH FC

Reprints  second Mirror Master story,  Secret of the Sunken Satellite from  Flash 109,  plus  a couple Golden Age Wonder Woman stories  and a couple 
1950's DC  science fiction tales.

Asking $20

pJ8AGXG.jpg

Marvel Tales 157

Your basic G with plenty of wear and chips. a tear here and there. Two pieces of tape on the spine. 

Nice reader, nothing better. 

Joe Orlando  and Kriegstein  stories.

Asking $20  SOLD!

BBCihEK.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Tell it to the Marines 10

Flat and tight,  glossy,  white pages. Bit of general  wear, nice photo cover

Asking $35 SOLD!

DIHeJAN.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Kid Colt Outlaw 46

More  nice  early Atlas reprints. Decent gloss,  spine roll