• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Beautiful 4.5! (thumbs u

You're not kidding. The front cover presents MUCH nicer than a typical 4.5. Awesome addition. :applause:

the back cover must be missing, :cool:

awesome book George !!

Thanks - I have 7 of the first 20 so far.

Haven't shown the #11 yet as it is at CGC for grading.

George

That's most impressive! :applause: I'm starting at the other end, and working my way down. :shy:

Um...that makes me the guy in the middle. :shy:

Between the three of us, we'll probably complete Action 1-100! :banana:

I thought I would update this thread of what I have and my future books in sight.

My plans are to purchase 3 books by July 4th :wishluck:

#72 CGC 7.0 from a board member.

#84 CGC or raw 6.0 to 7.0

#87 CGC or raw 6.0 to 7.0

Here's what I have. (I hope these pics work)

th_action52.jpg th_action65cgc-1.jpg th_action66newpic.jpg th_action67newpic.jpg th_action71newpic.jpg

th_action73newpic.jpg th_action74new.jpg th_action75new.jpg th_action76new.jpg th_action77new.jpg

th_action78new.jpg th_action79new.jpg th_action80new.jpg th_action81cgc-1.jpg th_action82new.jpg

th_action83new.jpg th_action85cgc-1.jpg th_action86new.jpg th_action88new.jpg th_action89cgc-1.jpg

th_action90cgc-1.jpg th_action91new.jpg th_action93cgc-1.jpg th_action95newpic.jpg th_action97newpic.jpg

th_action99newpic.jpg th_action101new.jpg th_actioncomics105-1.jpg th_action108newpic.jpg th_action158cover-1.jpg

Thanks Ben and Alton! It's getting to be more of a challenge. I have noticed an increase in price on many of the Actions.

you aren't the only one that has noticed. :pullhair:

I really wanted a CGC 4.5 #62 on ebay last week. It had white pages. I figured $350 to $400 It went for $500 :o This was a 4.5

Thanks Ben and Alton! It's getting to be more of a challenge. I have noticed an increase in price on many of the Actions.

I really wanted a CGC 4.5 #62 on ebay last week. It had white pages. I figured $350 to $400 It went for $500 :o This was a 4.5

yes, and the 3.0 #63 also went for $500.

Indeed, guys, Action is IT!! Here is my recent Comicconnect win (getting closer and closer to completeing my run, as #38 will be in my hands in a week as well!):

action42f.jpg

action42b.jpg

Edited by fishbone

Indeed, guys, Action is IT!! Here is my recent Comicconnect win (getting closer and closer to completeing my run, as #38 will be in my hands in a week as well!):

action42f.jpg

action42b.jpg

I need a 42, and that's a sharp copy. Congrats! (thumbs u

yes, and the 3.0 #63 also went for $500.

Here's one more for you guys to check out. This is just crazy. I know it has white pages but, I only paid $175 for my 6.5

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290231734698&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019

I guess he did. Kinda scary from a buyer's point of view don't you think?

Slacker had listed a bunch of his CGC graded Actions for sale all at once, I think when bidders see a grouping of GA CGC graded material all from the same seller, they are more apt to think that the seller is legit and feel comfortable bidding higher,. the one that still surprises me is the Action #63 3.0 for $500. great war cover, but I think that's the most I've seen paid for this book in 3.0.

on the other hand, the sky is falling, the sky is falling !!!

insane.gif

end1.jpg

Edited by thedude

I guess he did. Kinda scary from a buyer's point of view don't you think?

Slacker had listed a bunch of his CGC graded Actions for sale all at once, I think when bidders see a grouping of GA CGC graded material all from the same seller, they are more apt to think that the seller is legit and feel comfortable bidding higher,. the one that still surprises me is the Action #63 3.0 for $500. great war cover, but I think that's the most I've seen paid for this book in 3.0.

on the other hand, the sky is falling, the sky is falling !!!

end1.jpg

I was suprised at the #63 as well. The #62 CGC 4.5 with white pages sold for the same. I thought that was too much for that book but, I guess it was a bargain compared to the #63

I'm going to raise the price of firewood again. :grin: