• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Well, I have to say , it's been about 3 years of GA collecting and many $$$$ spent.....I've obtained almost everything I dreamed of owning , particularly in the Batman and Superman areas; but this one seemed impossible. But thanks to Stephen F. at Metro, this one is actually mine !!! (well, after I finish paying for it in full.......here's wishing the Cdn. dollar stops it's free-fall!).

SUP15711a1.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Edited by fishbone

Well, I have to say , it's been about 3 years of GA collecting and many $$$$ spent.....I've obtained almost everything I dreamed of owning , particularly in the Batman and Superman areas; but this one seemed impossible. But thanks to Stephen F. at Metro, this one is actually mine !!! (well, after I finish paying for it in full.......here's wishing the Cdn. dollar stops it's free-fall!).

SUP15711a1.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

(worship) (worship)

Awesome - a true grail - congrats!!! :applause:

SUP15711a1.jpg

Perfect copy of that book. I hope to reacquire one someday in similar grade.

Congrats to you and the other Fish! :applause:

SUP15711a1.jpg

Perfect copy of that book. I hope to reacquire one someday in similar grade.

Congrats to you and the other Fish! :applause:

Very witty!! Thanks lots!!

SUP15711a1.jpg

Congrats, fishbone. That book was almost mine. I even paid for it! But certain people played hardball, and the deal fell through. I'm glad to see that a fellow board member got it. (thumbs u

SUP15711a1.jpg

congrats. that's a real beauty.

That book was almost mine. I even paid for it! But certain people played hardball, and the deal fell through.

Stephen F. at Metro

Reading between the lines. :whistle:

That book was almost mine. I even paid for it! But certain people played hardball, and the deal fell through.

Stephen F. at Metro

Reading between the lines. :whistle:

Actually, it was a board member. He bought the book from the marketplace, found some magic tape on the inside front cover, and demanded a significant partial refund. The seller refused, and re-listed the book in the marketplace. I bought it, and wired the money to the seller. Unfortunately, the first buyer refused to return the book to the seller, and continued to demand the significant partial refund. Things got very ugly between the buyer and seller, with threats of legal action, etc. Eventually, Vincent at Metro stepped in and mediated an agreement between the seller and first buyer. My guess is that he got a partial refund, but not as big as he was asking. My payment was wired back to me with apologies.

Fishbone, just an FYI, if you're thinking of restoring it, Matt told me that it's a great candidate for resto.

To clarify, Metro did have some involvement, in that they paid for the book, and the book was shipped to them. My understanding is that the buyer had about 200 books on comicconnect, and Metro owed him money, so they paid for the book.

But, in the end, the seller had no animosity towards Metro. Only towards the buyer.