• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

This is the closest thread I could find about Superman...

In honor of the "do you read your GA comics" thread, I read a some DC archives with my son tonight. I didn't remember much since I haven't read them since I bought them a few years ago.

Anyway, my 9 year old laughed at the Luthor stories. Not because they were funny, but, the story just wasn't believable.

One of the stories, Supes accepts Luthors challenge to prove his strength is better than Luthors brain. My son said if Superman used his brain, he could have just punched Luthor and taken him to jail. :makepoint:

Edited by innocuous

I just got back from the NYCC. I didn't actually purchase any books while I was there but, Rick had a book for me. He helped me purchase it earlier this summer. When he gave it to me at his booth, I ripped the poly bag in two like a kid would Christmas morning.

action4cover002.jpg

I just got back from the NYCC. I didn't actually purchase any books while I was there but, Rick had a book for me. He helped me purchase it earlier this summer. When he gave it to me at his booth, I ripped the poly bag in two like a kid would Christmas morning.

action4cover002.jpg

awesome book Mike! wow what a grade

action4cover002.jpg

Bravo! :applause:

SunOct10211559EDT2010.jpg

here is a solo pic of my recent Action 20 , one of the greatest early Action covers!

very nice, that's one of my favorites as well.

Mine, too (thumbs u

For me its possibly the best cover from the early Actions! Its a better cover than 7,15,17,19,21,22 -and just as great as the 10, 13, and even 1!

here is a solo pic of my recent Action 20 , one of the greatest early Action covers!

Mine, too (thumbs u

For me its possibly the best cover from the early Actions! Its a better cover than 7,15,17,19,21,22 -and just as great as the 10, 13, and even 1!

Love my Action 20; love yours even more...full date stamp :cloud9:

This is the closest thread I could find about Superman...

In honor of the "do you read your GA comics" thread, I read a some DC archives with my son tonight. I didn't remember much since I haven't read them since I bought them a few years ago.

Anyway, my 9 year old laughed at the Luthor stories. Not because they were funny, but, the story just wasn't believable.

One of the stories, Supes accepts Luthors challenge to prove his strength is better than Luthors brain. My son said if Superman used his brain, he could have just punched Luthor and taken him to jail. :makepoint:

Kids are a lot smarter today,I was watching some old Godzilla movies with my nine year son and he said "dad why are these grown men in rubber dinosaur costumes going around stomping on model trains and buildings?" jeez when I was nine I actually thought this stuff was believable. Another time over my sisters house,we were trying to watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind and my nephews trashed it saying the special effects look lame. :frustrated:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Mine, too (thumbs u

Love my Action 20; love yours even more...full date stamp :cloud9:

I like the 17 cover a little better but both are pretty good.

bb

Thanks to Gator, I was able to add this very patriotic Superman book to my collection.

richard1.jpg

Congratulations! :applause:

Was this the 4.0 at NYCC Rick?

nope, that sold summer, if I recall...

I only had 4 at NYCC, and one of them sold, so down to 3 (one I am keeping, the other 2 will be sold on ebay this month)