• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

As for the #42, I bought it as a 6.5 from Ted, so I knew it might be overgraded. He apparently missed the very minor glue & color touch, and I barely looked at the book before forwarding it to CGC. Now that I've found a #42, all I need is a presentable #51 to complete 29-63, all blue label! :cloud9:

I don't wanna start a big stink here, but Ted had to have known about the glue and CT cuz this is the same book I bought from him and then returned due to said glue and CT, after sending it to Kenny to verify, please tell me he told you and that you knew about the resto before buying it. also don't know how this book got a blue label.

even so, it is a great book and I would have kept it myself if not for the minor resto.

No disclosure, I'm afraid. hm

As for the #42, I bought it as a 6.5 from Ted, so I knew it might be overgraded. He apparently missed the very minor glue & color touch, and I barely looked at the book before forwarding it to CGC. Now that I've found a #42, all I need is a presentable #51 to complete 29-63, all blue label! :cloud9:

I don't wanna start a big stink here, but Ted had to have known about the glue and CT cuz this is the same book I bought from him and then returned due to said glue and CT, after sending it to Kenny to verify, please tell me he told you and that you knew about the resto before buying it. also don't know how this book got a blue label.

even so, it is a great book and I would have kept it myself if not for the minor resto.

No disclosure, I'm afraid. hm

:o

Finally, finally, finally...

superman1.jpg

superman1bc.jpg

Wow Jeff! :o

I was just looking through some of the older pages of this thread, and then I see this.

What an AMAZING acquisition; there's truly no other way to put it. :golfclap:

Not only is Superman #1 one of the greatest books in the history of our hobby, it's also a bit...IMO...underrated in this day and age.

WHITE pages. :o:o

I can certainly understand why you'd love your copy. (thumbs u

Now that I've found a #42, all I need is a presentable #51 to complete 29-63, all blue label! :cloud9:

That's quite an accomplishment. (thumbs u I remember Clink having a CGC 5.0 copy of Action 51 that sat unsold for a long time, but it had been removed &/or sold some time ago. Other than that one, I don't recall seeing too many copies of 51 come up for sale.

Here's a recent pickup. One of the cooler war covers in the run IMO.

Sup23.jpg

awesome book Brian! yes, one of the better war covers for sure, and yours is a very nice example, nice colors and good centering, congrats! :grin:

One of the cooler war covers in the run IMO.

The coolest, as far as I'm concerned. Nice book (thumbs u

Sup23.jpg

Awesome book. I was going to stick with 1-18, but since I picked up #20 and #21 recently, I think there's a #23 in my future.

Congrats! :applause:

superman1.jpg

Jeff,

Congratulations! I have been too busy at work to follow the boards much so I just noticed this last night. I have enjoyed watching your Superman collection grow and being posted so I know that this must be a great achievement for you!

Frank

Sup23.jpg

Awesome book. I was going to stick with 1-18, but since I picked up #20 and #21 recently, I think there's a #23 in my future.

Might as well go up to #26 then

Sup23.jpg

Okay, but I might need to borrow your credit card.

Sup23.jpg

#26 is the cut-off point I decided on. (thumbs u

superman1.jpg

Jeff,

Congratulations! I have been too busy at work to follow the boards much so I just noticed this last night. I have enjoyed watching your Superman collection grow and being posted so I know that this must be a great achievement for you!

Frank

Thanks, Frank. I find myself leaving it out on the coffee table while I watch TV at night. :cloud9:

superman1.jpg

Jeff,

Frank

Thanks, Frank. I find myself leaving it out on the coffee table while I watch TV at night. :cloud9:

That's one heck of a nice coaster for your tea. :headbang: