• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

Pretty sure it was the cream to off-white pages that brought the grade down.
I bet you are right. Still a cool book that Bunky has there. He better bring it to the get-together.

Pretty sure it was the cream to off-white pages that brought the grade down.
I bet you are right. Still a cool book that Bunky has there. He better bring it to the get-together.

Hope he can make it this year. :wishluck:

ActionComics47-1.jpg

I've had this book for many years, but I sumbittied it to CGC at Wonder Con. Just got it back last week. Actually it looks nicer than a 4.0, but there is a nice sized crease and dust shadow on the back.

Edited by Stevenrams

ActionComics47-1.jpg

I've had this book for many years, but I sumbittied it to CGC at Wonder Con. Just got it back last week. Actually it looks nicer than a 4.0, but there is a nice sized crease and dust shadow on the back.

Nice book. Love that cover.

Okay, I'm bored at work, so here are my Supes for those who didn't click on my link early in this thread...

superman10.jpg

superman11.jpg

superman12.jpg

superman13.jpg

superman14.jpg

superman15.jpg

superman16.jpg

superman17.jpg

superman18.jpg

superman19.jpg

superman20.jpg /quote]

SICK SICK SICK run of high graders!!

My only Supe :blush:

superm18.jpg

Have you checked the notes? What is the hidden defect that brings this beauty down to .5?

And don't forget, it costs $30 now to find out what those notes are (if there any any, of course :) )

At the beginning of the month JiveTurkeyMoFo asked a simple question; how is your GA pursuit going? To see the full thread and what I said go here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=5644735&Searchpage=2&Main=256781&Words=genrlzod&topic=0&Search=true#Post5644735

The short version is this:

- Two hard Superman books to find are #23 and #57. There is a 57 on ebay now but it is in bad shape. I can't remember the last time I saw a #23 for sale in any condition.

I wasn't just talking ebay, I meant anywhere. Shows, comic shops, websites. I couldn't find it.

Anyhow a few days later I got a PM from Zosocane (Carl) stating that he had a copy of Superman #23, and would I be interested in seeing some pictures?

Well, to make a long story short I now have this:

2012-05-11_19-03-16_299.jpg

Who knew that to get this copy all I had to do was rant over the difficulty of finding a copy on the boards?

After dealing with Carl on the purchase of this book I know two things:

First, Carl is one of the nicest and most honest people I have ever met. Between the emails and the phone calls we had over this book (and just talking about the hobby itself) noting was left out. Every tear, fold and piece of tape was disclosed.

Second, I will see this book for sale about 35 times between now and the end of next week.

I wasn't just talking ebay, I meant anywhere. Shows, comic shops, websites. I couldn't find it

Not sure why you were having such a hard finding a copy. These are just a few copies that I have saved in my database from the last 2 1/2 years:

5.0 C/OW

8.5 W

4.0 OW/W

5.5 OW/W

6.5 W

7.5 OW

and if I look harder I'll find more (pretty sure a 9.0 was auctioned off within the last year)

I wasn't just talking ebay, I meant anywhere. Shows, comic shops, websites. I couldn't find it

Not sure why you were having such a hard finding a copy. These are just a few copies that I have saved in my database from the last 2 1/2 years:

5.0 C/OW

8.5 W

4.0 OW/W

5.5 OW/W

6.5 W

7.5 OW

and if I look harder I'll find more (pretty sure a 9.0 was auctioned off within the last year)

I agree with his general point though ... not a ton of #23s floating around. I have a low-grade copy, but always keep an eye out for a possible upgrade, and of the ones you mention, most would be beyond my budget... it's hard to find a #23 in presentable G to VG (or thereabouts) condition. They are usually cherrypicked out of dealers' stock, and the few I've seen for sale in the last few years have been either higher grade or total rags. By contrast, #24 (classic flag cover) seems to be available a lot more, in a wide variety of grades.

I've never posted in this thread before but I couldn't resist this one. Traded Harley some Timely dupes for it. Its purdy....

107.jpg

Edited by podboy66