• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] CLOSING TODAY - 20% OFF! 33 Golden Age Books! Recap pg. 11
5 5

205 posts in this topic

:news:SOLD! Bobby Benson's B-Bar-B Riders #18 in VG+ to FN-. Ayers horror cover, second only to #14 in the run, IMO.

Some of you may recall I completely lost my mind a couple years ago and bought a 16-longbox collection that was 90% Classics Illustrated...this was among the other 10%.

$40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

10 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Bobby Benson's B-Bar-B Riders #18 in VG+ to FN-. Ayers horror cover, second only to #14 in the run, IMO.

Some of you may recall I completely lost my mind a couple years ago and bought a 16-longbox collection that was 90% Classics Illustrated...this was among the other 10%.

$40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

take per PM.  Thank you

Famous Funnies #8 in VG. March 1935, featuring Buck Rogers, Jane Arden, Joe Palooka, Napoleon. Racist caricatures. A comparable copy sold on ebay for just over $235; a cover-detached copy is currently available there at $170. These don't grow on trees, so let's say $225.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

1 minute ago, Comical Situations said:

Thanks!  Maybe I've been quarantined too long, but the colors just seem so incredible on these tonight.  Love it!  Cheers!

I just realized there's purple on every cover I bought tonight to varying degrees....hmmmm….maybe purple is my kryptonite?

1 minute ago, Comical Situations said:

Thanks!  Maybe I've been quarantined too long, but the colors just seem so incredible on these tonight.  Love it!  Cheers!

Thank YOU! I'm stir-crazy myself, but looking back at those four books, all are pretty bright, staining on the Strong Man aside; the colors are still vibrant.