• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] CLOSING TODAY - 20% OFF! 33 Golden Age Books! Recap pg. 11
5 5

205 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Tim Holt #34, classic Flower Women story, plus lotsa cheesecake in general. This copy is FR/GD with cover detached and nearly split, but it's complete. A VG- went at auction in eBay recently for $76; a copy with chunk torn off the cover (but included) sold there for $20.

Let's say $15.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:takeit:

3 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

I sold the copy with the chunk missing, and almost rebought this because that story is amazing

That was yours? Too cool! This is another one of those western series with a few underrated, under the radar gems in it. #34 is one of them. Though the strong price for the solid VGish ebay copy says maybe people are noticing this run beyond the great Frazetta Ghost Rider issues.

Just now, shiverbones said:

I sold the copy with the chunk missing, and almost rebought this because that story is amazing

I saw what Gene said about it not being on eBay very long and I love PCH, and Ive never read a ghost rider story, so this is up my alley...but westerns??? So Ill give it a shot! And thanks for the recommendation as well. 

Also didn't you get the Weird Thrillers or what ever its called? I was really considering that one...I know it supposed to be good but I don't know what the hype is about? My friend picked one up at C2E2 and he said the same thing.

10 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

That was yours? Too cool! This is another one of those western series with a few underrated, under the radar gems in it. #34 is one of them. Though the strong price for the solid VGish ebay copy says maybe people are noticing this run beyond the great Frazetta Ghost Rider issues.

Yeah there are at least two issues of the Tim Holt  series, post Frazetta, that keep eluding me. Some of the issues are just plain difficult to find in any grade.  

1 minute ago, shiverbones said:

A lot of the “m.e” westerns have a serious horror bend. Definitely of interest to pch collectors. One of the red masks I have has a great hanged man returning from the grave story. Will try to get some pics up in ga general over the weekend

Pop it in here too; I love when a thread is an actual hang-out/discussion! And hi Don! :hi:@oceans11 Are we bidding each other up on Tim Holt #30's when they come to market?? 

:gossip: If you look back from the beginning of the thread, at books posted before tonight, many but not all of those just got a price cut, some hefty....but since there's a lot of people hanging out in this thread currently, I'm just announcing it here for now, not changing the headline until the a.m. … so its like the secret menu at Starbucks, or one of those L.A. clubs with no sign, you just gotta know where the door is....

Thank you everyone for the takes and for making this sale thread a conversation at a time when we all need it, and each other! Funnybooks will get us through!

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Pop it in here too; I love when a thread is an actual hang-out/discussion! And hi Don! :hi:@oceans11 Are we bidding each other up on Tim Holt #30's when they come to market?? 

30, 35, and 38 amongst some others probably. Lol