• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

750 posts in this topic

Sweet copies!  A wonderful collecting adventure, for sure.  I've really enjoyed following your progress.  (thumbsu  (worship)

On 6/13/2024 at 5:14 AM, Dikko said:

CGC labelled STRANGE ADVENTURES No. 32 (Aust. Ed) as House of Mystery #53 due to its cover image, against my specific request that the label be titled Strange Adventures (which is clearly labelled on the cover).

CGC's policy on the labeling of "foreign editions" has varied over the years.  The current policy is stated here:

Screenshot2024-06-13at05-35-58CertificationofInternationalComicBooksCGC.png.4ead02394d6ba3f261c13356bafff35c.png

The labeling of this particular multi-book submission (#4411309) conforms to CGC's current policy, as stated above (which is probably the best any of us can expect).  That being said, it's a policy many collectors have griped about (see this 24-page thread).  :foryou:

If you're being charged $5 for imaging, you should definitely contact Accounting or Customer Service, as that service became free to all submitters as of 08-03-2023:sumo:  Most of the CGC-generated images I've seen have varying amounts of glare -- enough that I always feel compelled to rescan my own freshly encapsulated books.