• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Adventures
7 7

741 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2023 at 2:05 PM, alecholland said:

A couple new additions. Really excited about both of these. Spent a bit more than I planned on the 50, but I'm happy with it.

image.thumb.jpeg.44052afd30db430cb37ff40cd6c0f2da.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.42cb2a9bd8cc90f0dd980092f8b652f4.jpeg

Definitely two of my top 10 favorite covers in the run. Well done 🙌

On 8/26/2023 at 8:55 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Definitely two of my top 10 favorite covers in the run. Well done 🙌

Mine as well. Eventually (when funds permit) I plan to get 9, 79 & 80 which have been on my want list for a while. Have to sell off some other things first though.

On 8/27/2023 at 6:30 AM, alecholland said:

I plan to get 9, 79 & 80 which have been on my want list for a while. Have to sell off some other things first though.

@alecholland With a bit of patience, you should be able to snag a GD to VG copy of #80 for guide (or less).  Cool cover, but there are plenty of lower grade copies out there, and it's time as "the flavor of the month" has long since passed.  Here's one to consider:foryou:

On 9/4/2023 at 5:50 AM, zzutak said:

@alecholland With a bit of patience, you should be able to snag a GD to VG copy of #80 for guide (or less).  Cool cover, but there are plenty of lower grade copies out there, and it's time as "the flavor of the month" has long since passed.  Here's one to consider:foryou:

Thanks for the link! Yeah, on that one I thought I'd go for a nice Fine copy or so. 79 is the one I will probably have to settle for a 3.0 or so copy.

Thank you again for the link, I appreciate it.

On 9/16/2023 at 12:47 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Wow, $5K for this 8.5!  @zzutak Have to wonder what your single highest 9.0 is worth. I would think atleast double.

IMG_0905.jpeg

I was the underbidder.  I was on a flight when it ended, and knew I wouldn't be available so I just threw in a stupid bid.  I don't know if someone chased it up that high, or threw in a similarly stupid bid.  It's a very difficult book in that grade that actually presents well as the colors are often off.  That being said, at that price I'm not crying that I didn't win. 

On 9/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, buttock said:

I was the underbidder.  I was on a flight when it ended, and knew I wouldn't be available so I just threw in a stupid bid.  I don't know if someone chased it up that high, or threw in a similarly stupid bid.  It's a very difficult book in that grade that actually presents well as the colors are often off.  That being said, at that price I'm not crying that I didn't win. 

I’ll cry for you 😂. And yeah I’d say it being a “difficult” book in that grade is an understatement. An 8.0 and 8.5 on Heritage back in 2019, but other than those it never shows up in this grade range.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:01 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I’ll cry for you 😂. And yeah I’d say it being a “difficult” book in that grade is an understatement. An 8.0 and 8.5 on Heritage back in 2019, but other than those it never shows up in this grade range.

The 8.0 was pretty nice, the 8.5 had tanning that put me off.  This most recent one was a pretty exceptional 8.5.