• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Wolverine 145 Nabisco 9.2 SS. Grrr!

19 posts in this topic

Due to the corona virus my apartment complex (located in Rockville, MD) thought it was a good idea to start delivering packages right to our door so we won't have to go to the main office. well some individual_without_enough_empathy stole one of my packages from my front door while I was out. So if you see a Wolverine 145 Nabisco CGC 9.2 SS signed by Bill Sienkiewicz on 6/16/19  2502906001 for sale, it is stolen. I have filed a police report. please let me know if you see it. Thank you.

wolv.jpg

Edited by justin

That's a great book, hopefully its returned to you.  If there's any possible silver lining, assuming the thief knows anything about CGC, (s)he won't de-slab a yellow label and risk tanking the value.  Makes it that much harder to try and re-sell it.

it royally sucks. That book, in that grade with that single well placed signature was to complete my collection. I only have a small, well selected, collection of 16 slabs. I've no room (or funds) for any more. But now my chance of getting another 9.2 Wolverine 145 signed by Bill, at the price I paid, is super slim. I can't afford the $700 9.4 on ebay right now, paid half that for the 9.2. There are effectively only 7 other similar copies out there.  Just feeling so low right now. Glad you all understand

Edited by justin

9 minutes ago, justin said:

In having a crummy day, tell me a joke

:foryou::tink:they call you "funny man!", I paraphrased, that line was from the boondock saints movie...  @justin so I posted a pic of me with the boondock  saints 

20200325_202118.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

48 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:foryou::tink:they call you "funny man!", I paraphrased, that line was from the boondock saints movie...  @justin so I posted a pic of me with the boondock  saints 

20200325_202118.jpg

Awesome! That is very cool!

11 minutes ago, justin said:

As silver linings go, this one is ok. I bought the 9.4 on eBay for $550 best offer, which means I am about $950 into this book (ugh) but just got it and I think it could press to a 9.8. Might as well go all in now

64CE8C59-BACE-4085-88BF-75BEB9F077D0.jpeg

:wishluck: :x :cry: :tink: