• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would this guy make the Hall of Fame of Moronic shill bidders?

33 posts in this topic

Still not as bad as the guy who tried to shill me for an additional $100 by using an id that was his name backwards.

foreheadslap.gif

Oh, man...you just made my day! 27_laughing.gif

I have a better one.

I went to bid on an item.

the better (ill call him Beenn2) posted it through his friends account because he claimed his ebay Id was broken.

He wrote in his auction"

Im using my friends accout here hecause my regular ebay id Beenn2 is not allowing me in to post item so my friend is doing it for me.

but when you looke dat the biddign history you saw that Beenn2 was one of the bidders. I pointed it to ebay and it was gone in one day

Is a shill bidder someone that bids in their auction to drive the price up? I never heard this term before so please excuse my ignorance.

While he does not his own ID he creates a new one to artificially drive up the price of his own auctions by biddign on himself

This may be a coincidence, why shill bid on only one auction for a paltry $12 or so. I once bid on and won an auction from someone who had the same name and similar auction id to my own.

After looking at his auctions, I would think the id jack9572 is more of a shill. Look at the bidding and feedback.

OK...just to be sure I'm not missing something here...are you making fun of the "shill" for bidding in a bizarre way that does not benefit him in the least...or just for the fact that his shill ID is so similar to his seller ID? Or both?

both and the fact that he won his own auction.

Did you guys see this guys "Silver-Bronze Deal of the Century" auction?

It's too bizarre. Read beyond the part where he describes a few of the Silver

age treasures you can win, past the part about the 1998 Dodge Caravan thats

also part of the auction and you'll see he's also offering a piece of the True Cross

that Jesus was crucified on!!! 893whatthe.gif Given to him by the "vicar general of Rome".

Holy Cow-- this is one strange dude. I love how he compares the value of a sliver

of the Cross to the price of an Action #1! Bizzarre!!

screwy.gif

Joker--

Also notice the photograph of Jesus that he's auctioning off.

I wonder if he could get it autographed for me if I won. yeahok.gif

Good thing that eleventh commandment was dropped before press.

XI : Thou shalt not shill thine own auctions.

insane.gif