• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics General - Stuck in the House: AMA Buzzetta
5 5

486 posts in this topic

I still have my faithful iPhone SE, which isn’t waterproof.

I thought that more recent phone designs made them waterproof, so wouldn’t plenty of hot water and detergent, and maybe a follow-up dousing in antibacterial spray work?

3 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I thought that more recent phone designs made them waterproof, so wouldn’t plenty of hot water and detergent, and maybe a follow-up dousing in antibacterial spray work?

If you're referring to me and the bird that laid a deuce on my phone, lol I appreciate the sincere concern, I did go ahead and use soap and water, so it still works and etc......

It's been suggested that I also use alcohol, but I'm not sure how my phone will react to that :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you're referring to me and the bird that laid a deuce on my phone, lol I appreciate the sincere concern, I did go ahead and use some and water, so it still works and etc......

It's been suggested that I also use alcohol, but I'm not sure how my phone will react to that :) 

Yup. Being clinically OCD I was concerned. Plenty of circling sea birds around here, especially first thing in the morning.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. Being clinically OCD I was concerned.

Thank You :) Cause it was particularly disturbing to me too! I scrubbed and scrubbed, I didn't "run the water", but rather, just wetted several paper towels and added soap a couple of times......

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thank You :) Cause it was particularly disturbing to me too! I scrubbed and scrubbed, I didn't "run the water", but rather, just wetted several paper towels and added soap a couple of times......

From the bird?

How does it look today?

Well I removed the case protector scrubbed and scrubbed both it and the phone, it looks ok

Just something I'll save up for to replace....

When I got a new phone last time, I downgraded the camera somehow anyway, so was open to replacing anyway

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I removed the case protector scrubbed and scrubbed both it and the phone, it looks ok

Just something I'll save up for to replace....

When I got a new phone last time, I downgraded the camera somehow anyway, so was open to replacing anyway

Yeah

Hopefully it doesn't have a weird smell....you know how things get in those situations 

2 hours ago, Foley said:

What is "provable evidence"?

Something objective eg being able to tell someone what they are thinking.  "youre thinking of a hamburger with a frisbee on it.  Now you are thinking mary had a little lamb, now you are thinking of the number 13,345.89" or watching a bottle of hot sauce lift in the air by telekinesis with witnesses watching and they can grab the bottle out of the air.

Edited by kav

4 hours ago, D84 said:

Detective Comics 29 or 31?

Before they really popped I put a serious bid in for a Detective Comics 31, 33, 37.  As things began to pop I still chased a 37 and the non Batman covers except for the little Batman head in the center.

Now, I have other things I would rather spend money on... with the exception of one of those hm 

I have never put a serious bid on a Tec 29

Edited by Buzzetta

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I recently read an article about using these antibacterial sprays on iPhones where if you do not wipe them down with the proper cloth you can cause some serious damage to the screen.   it's a combination of the cloth and the chemicals used in the cleaner.   I have basically swipe with disinfectant and then let it air dry.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Before they really popped I put a serious bid in for a Detective Comics 31, 33, 37.  As things began to pop I still chased a 37 and the non Batman covers except for the little Batman head in the center.

Now, I have other things I would rather spend money on... with the exception of one of those hm 

I have never put a serious bid on a Tec 29

29 is my favorite Batman cover.  Before my divorce I owned 35-37, but had to sell them.  Right now, all I have is a restored 32.

3 minutes ago, D84 said:

29 is my favorite Batman cover.  Before my divorce I owned 35-37, but had to sell them.  Right now, all I have is a restored 32.

I could kick myself for not picking up that restored 37 that was floating around eBay about 6 years ago.   I think it had the staples replaced, cover cleaning and some small CT... I would have to check GPA. 

36 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Now, I have other things I would rather spend money on.

-enhancers.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I recently read an article about using these antibacterial sprays on iPhones where if you do not wipe them down with the proper cloth you can cause some serious damage to the screen.   it's a combination of the cloth and the chemicals used in the cleaner.   I have basically swipe with disinfectant and then let it air dry.

I regularly use an antibacterial surface wipe on the whole phone, but have the device enclosed in a case with a glass screen protector.  

I’d still treat a bird taking a dump on my phone as a (hopefully) one-off, freak accident requiring something extra in addition to soap and hot water to make me comfortable about using it again.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/6/2020 at 5:51 PM, kav said:

I read one story guy had pet monkey that kept peeing on him from overhead and laffing.  He grabbed the monkey, held over toilet and peed on it.  The monkey was very respectful and loving after that.

Sorry, I've tried that with cats.  Does not work.

4 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Buzz- 

Did you ever see the Grateful Dead w/ Jerry (e.g. before or during summer '95)?

What band was your gateway to Phish? 

Never saw the Grateful Dead with Jerry. 

The first time I went to any concert was in 91.  I was always the weird kid when it came to music.  While the rest of the kids were listening to Z-100 and the morning Zoo.  My Aunt got me interested in New Wave music and my Dad listened to Imus in the Morning.   So by fifth grade, I knew who Bon Jovi was as well as the Smiths and Depeche Mode.    I knew the Z-Morning Zoo but I also knew who Imus was and my lord that led to Howard and Robin and Fa-Fa-Fooey.   I liked the Beastie Boys and the Ramones.  In my world you could listen to some of the stuff that was popular at the time like Springsteen and also listen to the Cure.   Long Island is Billy Joel country so let's get that out of the way. 

By the time I was in high school I discovered Sinatra and Dean Martin... and then that Johnny Cash guy was kind of cool too.  When I walked into Tower Records and heard the Folsum Prison album I was like, "What is THAT?" I need "THAT!"

I always liked walking into a record store and learning about new music.  I remember the first real comic store I went to the guys that worked there would lend me CDs which was a big thing in the early 90's when a CD still cost $16-20.  (Collector's Comics in Wantagh for anyone that knows Long Island.)

I had friends who saw the Dead with Jerry but I never did. I knew Dead songs... By the time I was in college I had seen a lot of shows and was really introduced to Phish around 98 by a coworker but it was just another thing.  I knew several songs and had listened to a tape of a show but I didn't "know" them.  I think I started to really drift into Phish from the Dave Matthews Band around that time, because this guy Trey would pop up every now and then at a DMB show when you could download old DMB shows off of one the tree downloading services back then. 

Something clicked.

Listening to Trey I remember that I was like, this guy has something different going on... and not in a fun but weird way like the Flaming Lips or something but ...different and fun.

Phish can play anything... I have seen them perform electronica things on instruments.  They can play country music. They have done rap.  They make it their own and throw in some funk. 

Amazingly Phish led me to finally appreciate country.  The Zac Brown Band is a Phish / DMB type band where they will try and tackle anything at a show.  They are true musicians as a band.  From ZBB that led to me listening to some other "country".

I've seen en eclectic list of artists live ranging from Tony Bennet, Springsteen, Phish, Dead and Company, Morrissey, Depeche Mode, Van Halen, to Jimmy Buffett, Paul Simon, the Beastie Boys, Bocelli and Billy Joel.

BTW... the best I have ever seen... McCartney

Most chilling... Bocelli.  There is something amazing about a guy that gets MSG to completely shut down where even the vendors stop what they are doing to listen to him. 

Most Fun?  Phish and Bill Joel. 

My favorite banner at MSG? I took this during intermission at last December's Bocelli concert.   I took my mom as a surprise. 

IMG_5110.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta