• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics General - Stuck in the House: AMA Buzzetta
5 5

486 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, D84 said:

Could The Spectre defeat Thanos?

I personally think he’d own him.  The Spirit of Vengeance for DC’s version of God.

Buzz,

I grew up in Virginia amongst the civil war battlefields. One night I saw a ghost of a civil war soldier (don't know if Ghost Soldier was Union or Confederate). Much later in life I saw some poltergeist activity. Wife and I were staying at an old hotel in Lone Pine, Ca (gateway to Death Valley) and I woke up early around 2:30am and with nothing to do and not wanting to wake my wife I just stared at a wall with a desk and chair nearby. Suddenly the chair shifted by 40 or so degrees. Both instantcess were freaky as all get out, but they 100% happened. 

Now I'm not one to walk around and constantly bring up I saw a ghost. I'm a very private person and I keep this private but some people know and they ask me about it so I tell them and they mock me. I don't know if you believe in ghosts or not, however, for the sake of this question let's say that yes, you believe me that I 100% saw a ghost and witnessed some ghostly activity.

Question: How should I move forward when asked this question? How should I handle the naysayers?

Thanks in advance.

Noman

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Buzz,

I grew up in Virginia amongst the civil war battlefields. One night I saw a ghost of a civil war soldier (don't know if Ghost Soldier was Union or Confederate). Much later in life I saw some poltergeist activity. Wife and I were staying at an old hotel in Lone Pine, Ca (gateway to Death Valley) and I woke up early around 2:30am and with nothing to do and not wanting to wake my wife I just stared at a wall with a desk and chair nearby. Suddenly the chair shifted by 40 or so degrees. Both instantcess were freaky as all get out, but they 100% happened. 

Now I'm not one to walk around and constantly bring up I saw a ghost. I'm a very private person and I keep this private but some people know and they ask me about it so I tell them and they mock me. I don't know if you believe in ghosts or not, however, for the sake of this question let's say that yes, you believe me that I 100% saw a ghost and witnessed some ghostly activity.

Question: How should I move forward when asked this question? How should I handle the naysayers?

Thanks in advance.

Noman

I'll answer for Buzz.  I also have experienced definite provable objective evidence of the supernatural.  It was me and one other person that fully witnessed/experienced it.  I only tell this story and explain what happened to very close friends after much time.   Only have told 3 people so far.

1 hour ago, kav said:

I'll answer for Buzz.  I also have experienced definite provable objective evidence of the supernatural.  It was me and one other person that fully witnessed/experienced it.  I only tell this story and explain what happened to very close friends after much time.   Only have told 3 people so far.

Agreed. As stated, I only told a few close friends and they in turn told others so I find I'm asked about it a lot. Then mocked. 

Is two such phenomenons a lot to experience? Do I have a gift/curse?

Edited by NoMan

19 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Agreed. As stated, I only told a few close friends and they in turn told others so I find I'm asked about it a lot. Then mocked. 

Is two such phenomenons a lot to experience? Do I have a gift/curse?

I have a theory that everyone experiences one supernatural event in their life.  As far as people you trusted blabbing about it I would handle that by saying I have no idea what they are talking about.

1 hour ago, kav said:

I have a theory that everyone experiences one supernatural event in their life.  As far as people you trusted blabbing about it I would handle that by saying I have no idea what they are talking about.

In passing (and clearly not thinking) I happen to mention the stuff I saw to my elderly mom and she became very upset saying that No, I did not see what I saw. She goes to church but seems (to me at least) to like the pageantry of it all as opposed to being super-strict religious. She always asks me if I'm going to church "out there in California" while she goes to church a lot in Texas (now via TeeVee - hopefully not some of those Teevee frauds and charlatans but not sure whom else is on TeeVee but frauds and charlatans). Even tho she goes to church a lot she seems to often do the exact opposite of what Jesus (at least my understanding of him) would do in certain situations and avoids/look down upon people Jesus would help. But I digress, as long as you're going to a big ol mega-church, it's all good!

I went once with her to a Christmas Eve service in a huge mega church in Houston and people were reaching for the Heavens then falling down on the floor rolling around while the youth group rock band played at a maximum bleeding ear level. Donuts were good.  

Edited by NoMan

2 hours ago, kav said:

Answer for yourself !!!!!!   Just because I do not immediately answer it does not mean I will not.  

I will answer everything in here... been tied to a computer all day working on something else for... work. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Answer for yourself !!!!!!   Just because I do not immediately answer it does not mean I will not.  

I will answer everything in here... been tied to a computer all day working on something else for... work. 

At karaoke I always snatch the mic Buzz.
I'm working on this.

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

Buzz,

Thanks in advance.

Noman

I somehow wound up with two minors in college... Philosophy of Law and... get ready for this... Theology.  It was... just kind of there and I had enough credits.  

Here is my take on ghosts. 

I do believe that there is 'something' after death.  Is there a heaven?  Who knows?  Is there a Great Beyond?  Who knows?  There is the concept that your uniqueness and that which defines you can be measured in a series of electric pulses of some sort on a molecular level.  Since energy cannot be created nor destroyed it would be "REASONABLE" to assume that after death the energy that makes you up goes "somewhere".  Where?  I dunno.  Anyone that claims they know exactly what awaits them is full of it.   You only get to definitively know, once it happens.  But, I do believe that "SOMETHING" happens. 

I also believe that many people also have minds that play tricks on them.  

Now as far as ghosts?   I believe that they are somewhere in between... in more ways than one. 

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I personally think he’d own him.  The Spirit of Vengeance for DC’s version of God.

I liked how the article included non Marvel and DC characters TBH

Just now, D84 said:

When you work from home, do you wear pants?

Yes.  You don't want to be 'that' guy who is caught on camera when you did not realize it. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Yes.  You don't want to be 'that' guy who is caught on camera when you did not realize it. 

You are a better man than I.

Just now, D84 said:

You are a better man than I.

lol I've already seen enough on camera so far and don't want to add to the show. 

12 minutes ago, BaronSamedi said:

Whats for dinner?

Leftover pasta.  Sorry. :(   

With what is going on, I do not have anyone I am eating with and I cannot afford to waste food since you never know when you are going to be able to get another delivery.  

I also believe that there is going to eventually be a greater shutdown by me.  When I went outside to take a walk around during a break, I saw a car full of teens driving like they were off to the beach and a bunch of people hanging out on the sidewalk sitting on benches and all over each other.   People are not really listening... 

Probably a boneless pork loin at some point though this week... slow roasted... 

Edited by Buzzetta