• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Ebay Purchase Were You Most Pleasantly Surprised With?

18 posts in this topic

I realize that most of us (including myself) have been burned on many occassions with our Ebay or dealer purchases. However, I'm sure there was at least one purchase that exceeded your expectations.

The one that comes to mind is when I won this Thrilling Comics on Ebay about 6 months ago. The book was described as VG- with only a small scan provided. I was extremely pleased when I received the book in the mail and back from CGC:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I realize that most of us (including myself) have been burned on many occassions with our Ebay or dealer purchases. However, I'm sure there was at least one purchase that exceeded your expectations.

The one that comes to mind is when I won this Thrilling Comics on Ebay about 6 months ago. The book was described as VG- with only a small scan provided. I was extremely pleased when I received the book in the mail and back from CGC:

Nice Book! Who did you buy i tfrom?

I wish I could remember. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've got all my transactions saved on my computer, so I'll definitely go back and check it out. I do remember leaving them a terrific feedback though.

Found it. It was "comicsbymike"

Possibly my copy of Weird Mysteries #2 in CGC 3.5 for a little over $100. Metro has a similar copy for over $300.

I remember that, that was a great buy! Kinda wish I'd gone for it, but I'm glad you got it. thumbsup2.gif

This has to be the best deal on a single book I ever got on ebay. Nabbed for $128, holy mother! What major dealer would even let you hold this slab for that price?

darkmysteries21.jpg

Also, about a year ago I bought a big lot of bronze stuff off a guy for about $85 and some change. A week later, I flipped 'em all at my LCS for half guide and took in $500. acclaim.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68&item=6533633696

I was pleased with this one in that I bought it for about $200 or so (from Heritage)and did pretty well on it a few years later. Nothing huge, but roughly guide, give or take a few bucks. OTOH, it was the highest in the census, so who knows, maybe my buyer will double his money too in a couple of years.

One of my best buys.

I got this one for $10.00, it was described as NM. I like Black Bolt covers so I took a chance. Sent it in to CGC and was pleased with the results. One of my best buys on ebay. smile.gif

hulk175.jpg

One of my not so best buys.

I was dissappointed when this came back from CGC. frown.gif

gl22.jpg

jt

www.pastandpresentcomics.com