• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Thrill

27 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, telerites said:

It has been a while since I have posted some of my scans and hopefully this doesn't upset anyone for creating a thread.  

I had these graded a little while ago.  I had won them in card auction some time ago.  Among some the things I collect are vintage non-sport cards and sometimes there are some things offered in predominantly sports card auctions.  These are little eight page comics that measure 2 1/4" x 3" distributed by the Goudey Card Company which put both sport and non-sports cards.  This is a complete set which consists of Buck Jones, Buck Rogers, Tracy and Tailspin Tommy.

Not worth really having them graded as like most of my collection, it is pretty much eclectic junk but OCD continues to be an expensive disorder. 

Those are awesome !

33 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Quick look at @valiantman’s data.  I think this may be the oldest 9.8 CGC has graded.

image.jpeg

Oldest 9.8 - hmmm... I don't think I've ever run that query.

Answer:  Yes - that 1934 booklet is the oldest CGC 9.8

For larger/normal sized comics, the oldest is Crackajack Funnies #1 (1938) and next is Star Ranger #15 (later in 1938)

1 hour ago, thunsicker said:

Quick look at @valiantman’s data.  I think this may be the oldest 9.8 CGC has graded.

50 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Oldest 9.8 - hmmm... I don't think I've ever run that query.

Answer:  Yes - that 1934 booklet is the oldest CGC 9.8

For larger/normal sized comics, the oldest is Crackajack Funnies #1 (1938) and next is Star Ranger #15 (later in 1938)

Thanks Tim and Greg.  I hadn't even thought about that.  That is cool to know.