• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

325 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

All this May snow probably knocked out everyone's power :whistle:

LOL!  Snow showers   forecast  for  Michigan tonight,  low  of  25,  and  last I saw  New  England  might  get  pasted  in  spots. I guess  I'll  
have  to  hope  for    folks  from  south of the Mason-Dixon  line :D  

Junior 12

Flat  and tight,  but  small  tears  at  both  staples  BC,  some general wear. Some  freckles  along upper  edge  FC,  
probably  light  foxing,  Food sized  dogear   upper  LH BC, touch of general  wear. 

Asking $500

0xKDdBh.jpg

mAc72yu.jpg

Hit Comics 52

Flat  and square,  tight  spine  and CF,   bit of gloss,   white pages.   Minor general wear,  bit  of soiling  BC. 

Asking $50

PjsQC3q.jpg

9wO8lug.jpg

Edited by catrick339

5 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

LOL!  Snow showers   forecast  for  Michigan tonight,  low  of  25,  and  last I saw  New  England  might  get  pasted  in  spots. I guess  I'll  
have  to  hope  for    folks  from  south of the Mason-Dixon  line :D  

Sittin in "the mitten" myself, it's been snowing on and off all day by me. Try and stay warm out there!

Starlet  O'Hara 4

Flat and tight    but  both  staples rusty  with  a  trace  of  migration. Dogear  and water  drop  upper  RH  FC,  couple 
very light  dogears  lower  LH  BC, may not show in  scan. Faint bit of soiling here  and there,   white pages. 

Asking $300

XjgpcFP.jpg

8zhUn1E.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 5/7/2020 at 7:33 PM, catrick339 said:

Starlet O'Hara 3

Touch  of  spine  roll  on  an otherwise  flat,  clean  copy.  Touch of general wear,  tight spine and CF,  couple  small tears inside,  white pages

asking $500

ZVyCaWz.jpg

mzEBysK.jpg

23 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Here we go,   last book for the evening,  and  it's  a  black cover  stunner. 

Miss  Beverly Hills  of  Hollywood  #1,  1949

Flat,  square,   clean,   decent  bit  of gloss,   tight spine  and CF,  white pages, 
If you  look  hard  you  can  see  a  faint whiff of  general  wear,   but  you  have  to  look  hard.  I  see  two or three 
NCB  lines  on  spine,    whiff of  wear  at  the staples,  bumped lower  RH  BC,  faintest touch  of    soiling along spine  BC. 

Like  I  said,  an  absolute  stunner, 

Asking $800   per LL,  and  he's pretty  firm on this  one.   I don't blame him. 

viuTRGf.jpg

q6ViwQy.jpg

@Ricksneatstuff

1 minute ago, AJLewandoski said:

Sorry I don't have any quality thread crapping to add. That hit comics is listed as #54 but the pic of the cover says #52

WUPS! Thanks!

(Gallops  off to fix  thumbfinger)

18 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Back  shortly  with  the last two books,   dog's doin'  the pee dance. 

I know Robot Man threw out a Zappa quote earlier so just make sure you "watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow"

Edited by AJLewandoski

We're  far  enough  south  I  don't  expect  any  accumulation,  so  as usual  I  just need to  look  out  for the brown  tulips.

True Crime 5

Jack  Cole  cover,   marijuana  story,  frails  and thugs  galore.

Front  cover is nice with  a  bit  of general wear  light dust shadow upper  edge, Small piece out  lower  edge BC,  small tear upper
edge,  small tears at lower staple, small  split upper  spine.

Alas,  there's  a centerfold  missing,   but fear not!  The  reefer story  is complete!

Asking  $15 for an incomplete  reader with nice  eye appeal.  SOLD!

Vd5wY89.jpg

ehIbG7w.jpg 

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

True Crime 5

Jack  Cole  cover,   marijuana  story,  frails  and thugs  galore.

Front  cover is nice with  a  bit  of general wear  light dust shadow upper  edge, Small piece out  lower  edge BC,  small tear upper
edge,  small tears at lower staple, small  split upper  spine.

Alas,  there's  a centerfold  missing,   but fear not!  The  reefer story  is complete!

Asking  $15 for an incomplete  reader with nice  eye appeal.

Vd5wY89.jpg

ehIbG7w.jpg 

Take

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Is it Lunatic Lite's   pricing?   Has his   asking numbers  driven you  all  away?   I should  mention  that LL  is  Old School, 
he believes  that  a book  is  worthless,   or  solid  gold, lol  He  and I had  some  spirited  conversations   about his prices
as I  inspected  the books,  and  of  course they ARE  his  books  and  he  can  do  as  he  wishes,   but  I  will note  that 
last  time   I got  a bunch of   PM's with offers,  and  he  took   several  of  them,  and  counterbid  on  a couple  more. 

Don't be shy   about   sending  offers, 

Sorry Rick. I had to spend my money on booze and TP. No stimulus check for me I guess...:sorry:

Here we  go,   last of  Lunatic Lite's books,  and  it's a ripsnorter, 

Detective  Comics 85

Killer  double Joker cover,  well placed Bonnett's  stamp,  and a hella  nice  copy  all around. 

Flat,  square,  tight spine  and  CF, fair amount of gloss,  off-white - white pages.   32 pages  front half,    24 pages  back half. 
Touch  of light  soiling on the white.  chip out  lower  edge  BC,  weak upper  LH  corner of book   see  the pix. There is  one 
long  slightly  diagonal   crease  FC through  the LH  Joker,  barely breaks  color  and  may  not be visible  in  scan.  
Plenty of pix,  more on  request.   

Asking  $2000,  FIRM

ItSTty5.jpg

pRI3SrB.jpg

ycdawEc.jpg

B0cgMGH.jpg

N9YxmWI.jpg

Edited by catrick339