• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 21

17 posts in this topic

This is a hard one to grade.

Book looks like NM-/NM at first glance with incredible colors, gloss and whiteness but there is a very long (almost 10 inches) and faint crease on right side that breaks no color except at one point, near the Beetle's right hand.

Book has been pressed out to remove that crease but it is still there although fainter.

1113349686_asm21.thumb.jpg.99677aa291cba5202969d892cc6d9a3f.jpg

140463838_asm21bc.thumb.jpg.48d8f9b148ad2d710fb722d057424792.jpg

On 5/8/2020 at 4:41 PM, pickycollector said:

Guys, don't forget the 10 inches diagonal crease; it's faint but it's there.

Are we being too nice? Yes it’s a flaw you can see but it really only shows by Beetles hand. I think without it you could be looking at 9.2-9.4 easily. At worst I would think 8.0 as it is but I have noticed CGC going a little easier on some of these Silver Age books, especially if they still present extremely well which yours does

At any rate I hope you submit and am excited to learn how wrong I might be :)

I had a gorgeous restored AF15... where the restorer missed, or ignored, an almost imperceptible crease on the back. (Edit: about as long as yours, mostly over white)

I missed it too. Sent it to CGC expecting an 8.0 or better PLOD.

It came back 6.0. Sent it to @joeypost for a press, resubmitted... still 6.0. 

I hope you fare better... but as someone once said... hope is not a strategy.

Good luck. :)

Edited by oldrover