• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm using quarantine to partially renovate my office / comic room

29 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2020 at 10:52 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

So did you design and paint/apply this yourself? That's fantastic.

I did! I actually drew it on the computer, and then used a projector and penciled it on the wall.

Then, with many bottles of wine later, I painted it with good ol' house grey house paint.

It took FOREVER. But it was worth it

Getting closer. That's my wife in the big painting. The empty wall space next to that portrait will get family-related wall hangings. My wife built and installed my comic display shelves. This serves as a guest room when my mother-in-law visits, so there's a full-sized bed today we'd like to replace with a twin xl eventually. Anyhow, I dig the comic display and wish I'd done that much sooner.

PXL_20210327_205527545.jpg

PXL_20210327_205518634.jpg

PXL_20210327_205505126.jpg

PXL_20210327_205456150.jpg

PXL_20210327_205440600.jpg

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Getting closer. That's my wife in the big painting. The empty wall space next to that portrait will get family-related wall hangings. My wife built and installed my comic display shelves. This serves as a guest room when my mother-in-law visits, so there's a full-sized bed today we'd like to replace with a twin xl eventually. Anyhow, I dig the comic display and wish I'd done that much sooner.

Very cool space.  Does the mother in law appreciate comics?  And does she know not to open the blinds?