• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Category: REJECT
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was checking my submission earlier, and noticed 1 of my 6 books I submitted under the category says: REJECT. 

I found this odd, I didn't have any of these books sent in with the pre-screen option...and I can't find any info online as to why it may have been rejected. 

I know it was missing the back cover, and the front was detatched....however, I have seen books like this graded before (0.5 of course). Just curious if anyone has any info! 

Thanks,

-Rick

4 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Hi Rick, if you can provide your submission number, we can check into it for you.

Thanks!

Hi Jennifer, my submission number is 2118459. Also, my card was just charged yesterday for the original 6 book submission, does that mean the rejected book will still be graded? 

• Administrator

Good morning.  It looks like the reason they could not grade this book was that there were pages detached.  We won't grade and encapsulate something that has detached pages that can move around within the holder.  Your grading fee for this one will be credited back to you. When you get your book there will also be a sticker on there stating the specific reason why the book was not able to be graded.

Thanks!

Hi Jennifer, I received my books on Saturday. You were correct, it did state why it was rejected.

That being said, will I receive a refund for the grading cost? or will it get credited to my membership account? If so, how do I go about using that credit on my account? 

• Administrator

Good morning,

No, you would not be charged a grading fee for that.  It would be credited back to your CGC account and you could use that as a credit towards future submissions, or, if you prefer, you can have that credited back to your credit card.  If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thanks!

On 6/2/2020 at 8:56 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

No, you would not be charged a grading fee for that.  It would be credited back to your CGC account and you could use that as a credit towards future submissions, or, if you prefer, you can have that credited back to your credit card.  If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thanks!

How do I go about using this credit? When I fill out a submission form and submit it, I still see the standard fees for grading. How do I know this credit is on my account...there isnt any place to see this data that I can find?

On 5/21/2020 at 9:35 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning.  It looks like the reason they could not grade this book was that there were pages detached.  We won't grade and encapsulate something that has detached pages that can move around within the holder.  Your grading fee for this one will be credited back to you. When you get your book there will also be a sticker on there stating the specific reason why the book was not able to be graded.

Thanks!

Aren't there plenty of slabbed books out there with detached pages?

43 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

Aren't there plenty of slabbed books out there with detached pages?

One of the other books in my batch I submitted has detached pages lol. The official sticker on the rejected book said the pages were too brittle. Oh well lol. I just want to know how I can redeem the $27+ charge I paid for. I'd gladly submit another book or two :) 

33 minutes ago, Rick Dodson said:

One of the other books in my batch I submitted has detached pages lol. The official sticker on the rejected book said the pages were too brittle. Oh well lol. I just want to know how I can redeem the $27+ charge I paid for. I'd gladly submit another book or two :) 

Strange because there are also plenty of slabbed books out there with brittle pages.  I wonder if they are getting stricter with detached and brittle pages....?

Your best bet for finance questions would be to call CGC directly.