• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, kimik said:

In the end, only 3.6M new direct subscribers. Vast majority of numbers that were reported were just people who now have ability to access it through cable packages, but not certain anyone is actually using it yet. Looked like window dressing or lipstick on a pig attempt.

I'm not sure what success metrics they think is a true win right now based on this rollout. But growing worldwide access-wise is its best move. Including opening up to any service point like Amazon Fire and Roku.

Heck, even my TV hardware provider Vizio added Disney and Peacock to my apps, but not HBO Max. Something is odd with that when you can't get the hardware providers to include your app.

Also, dont forget that as of right now, 6 months after launch there is still not a HBOMAX app on Roku or Amazon.  Which boggles my mind when you consider those two platforms make up 70 percent  of how people stream their shows to the TV.

Sure there are "work arounds", but people (including me) are lazy, and want to be able to turn on the TV, hit one button and be in the app.  Especially if you have multiple TVs in the house.

15 hours ago, kimik said:

There is a reason that AT&T lags its peers in standing with the investment community, and it all comes down to the management team.

That being said, now is a good time to load up on cheap shares with a nice dividend before they actually get the streaming stuff sorted out. (thumbsu

I know that they have a plan, or are planning, a method to distribute the Snyder Cut worldwide to those who cannot access HBO Max. That, along with new subscribers at the time of release, will be the best metric to determine Justice League's success (IMO?).

59 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Also, dont forget that as of right now, 6 months after launch there is still not a HBOMAX app on Roku or Amazon.  Which boggles my mind when you consider those two platforms make up 70 percent  of how people stream their shows to the TV.

Sure there are "work arounds", but people (including me) are lazy, and want to be able to turn on the TV, hit one button and be in the app.  Especially if you have multiple TVs in the house.

Yup. Exactly what I mentioned above.

Although when you dig into the numbers about 15% of the Amazon Fire subscribers are actually enrolled in HBO, that still a large group with no HBO Max access. But by 2021 HBO Max will probably have a wider distribution. It just would be nice to see all that road laid now prior to the #SnyderCut release.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Yup. Exactly what I mentioned above.

Although when you dig into the numbers about 15% of the Amazon Fire subscribers are actually enrolled in HBO, that still a large group with no HBO Max access. But by 2021 HBO Max will probably have a wider distribution. It just would be nice to see all that road laid now prior to the #SnyderCut release.

With the way they are handling things now, it may be a big IF whether they have the technical bugs worked out on the international streaming service in time for release of the Snyder Cut. 

9 minutes ago, kimik said:

With the way they are handling things now, it may be a big IF whether they have the technical bugs worked out on the international streaming service in time for release of the Snyder Cut. 

HBO Max technicalities aside; Are you looking forward to the Snyder Cut?

Maybe you enjoyed the BvS UE? Or you want to see the film proper? Or you want to see if it lives up to the hype?

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

HBO Max technicalities aside; Are you looking forward to the Snyder Cut?

Maybe you enjoyed the BvS UE? Or you want to see the film proper? Or you want to see if it lives up to the hype?

I was fine with the original movie, so Snyder cut is not a big deal to me. I watch the hero films for entertainment, not some deeper meaning, and enjoy most of them. My gut feel is that the Snyder cut will be like Black Panther or Civil War - lots of hype that the movies do not live up to in the end.

Edited by kimik

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

See? You do find the silver lining in things you dislike. Good on you! :baiting: :bigsmile:

I never said I dislike the DCU. Remember, I am a Batman fanboy. 

Mind you, there is one thing I dislike now - Robby P as the new Batman :sick: 

11 minutes ago, kimik said:

Where did I say you dislike the DCU? Please don't read into anything with someone kidding you.

Though it is okay either way to like or not like these things. I wasn't a fan of Robert Pattinson being cast. But that first trailer now has me feeling much more comfortable.

11 hours ago, kimik said:

Are you fan of The Dark Knight Returns series?

If so, do you have any thoughts/feelings on how the character was adapted for BvS?