• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

First, hyperbole, but I also don't expect people to care so much they keep troves of screenshots for such things (I've had personal experience with in discussions over MoS and Suckerpunch which I tend to think of as pre-dating the current Snyder fandom which feels unique surrounding JLSC, which every fandom has, be it Star Wars or whatever). Of the top of my head I would say the negativity sent over to Diane Nelson when he was trying to support Joker wasn't a good look for Snyder-fans (I actually don't like this 'blanket' fan label, it seems to now only mean to refer to those fans being highly vocal about the Snyder-Cut and not his full body of work) 

My personal opinion with all this dog piling (regardless of side) is that if you don’t like the person or their opinion, don’t follow and don’t interact - easy. If fans feel they need to defend a work against every random critique, valid or dumb, then that is their choice on how they respond (Someone takes a 'nasty shot' at Snyder then the reaction to that is not in their court - Snyder fans could literally just ignore it or laugh it off. The response is toxic, even if the OP was also being toxic - that doesn't excuse anything)

I don’t like his body of work (except Watchmen) and some choices he makes in that content, and at the same time still also be super excited for more JL/DC content, but also not go out of my way to drive toxicity towards people with differing opinions. It's really easy to do that. Don't like what those people on Twitter are saying - add them to your block list and don't interact with their feeds. It's easy.

Agree on your hyberbole statement. No harm done and forgotten.

Now as far as keeping screenshots, you may not realize this but there is actually a social media account that posts all of these details.'

But again, no harm done with yet more hyperbole on your part. Of course you were not attempting to cast a negative light on a fellow forumite. No harm done and forgotten.

We at least agree on if you don't like someone's body of work, then don't follow them. Haunting posts about them or mocking their daughter's death is not a healthy state of mind.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

We at least agree on if you don't like someone's body of work, then don't follow them. Haunting posts about them or mocking their daughter's death is not a healthy state of mind.

For sure, for someone to go out of their way to mock someones tragic loss like that is sick - I don't care who it is and they need to get their mess together. Reporting someone as well for laughing at a music choice in a superhero trailer is also some questionable thinking :D

I propose we raze twitter to the ground with as big a fire as we can conjure (no hyperbole)

37 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Spoiler

For sure, for someone to go out of their way to mock someones tragic loss like that is sick - I don't care who it is and they need to get their mess together. Reporting someone as well for laughing at a music choice in a superhero trailer is also some questionable thinking :D

I propose we raze twitter to the ground with as big a fire as we can conjure (no hyperbole)

^^

Though 'Man of Steel' and 'Batman v Superman' were criticized for their darkness, the heroes are set to reach greater heights in the HBO Max project.

Set to Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah,” a song that holds significant meaning to the filmmaker, the footage further cements the mythic status of these heroes and villains. The trailer opens with a flashback of Uxas (Ray Porter), the Apokaliptian warrior who will eventually become Darkseid, before cutting to a possible future that sees the Hall of Justice in ruins as Darkseid’s ships feel the sky, parademons fly past, and a Joker card lingers on the wind for a moment.

The trailer then moves to the present day, reintroducing the members of the Justice League, Batman (Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher), Flash (Ezra Miller), and of course, Superman (Henry Cavill), clad in his black suit. The central villain, Steppenwolf (Ciaran Hinds), is also reintroduced, looking quite intimidating. There’s also a quick glimpse of Desaad (Peter Guinness) at the 1:15 mark, who’s never been seen in any of the previous footage. The stage is set for an epic battle between the Justice League and the first wave of the New Gods as they fight for the Mother Boxes, integral to Jack Kirby’s Fourth World epic in the comics.  But that’s just the surface of what’s showcased in this trailer.

It’s worth noting that there’s not a single moment of footage in the trailer that was in the theatrical release, and Snyder is making a point to show that this is a different film. One of the big takeaways from the trailer is the prominent presence of people of color, whose roles were largely reduced or eliminated in the theatrical film. We see Cyborg’s parents, Elinore (Karen Bryson) and Silas Stone (Joe Morton), and Iris West (Kiersey Clemons), who all help create this feeling of a larger, lived-in world that’s just as interested in people as it is heroes. Snyder has said numerous times that Cyborg is the heart of the film, and the trailer shows a lot more of the character, including his inability to save his father, creating a nice parallel to Clark Kent’s own inability to save Jonathan (Kevin Costner) in Man of Steel.

And on the subject of Superman, we’re saved from the horrendous digital mouth and chin that occurred because Whedon’s reshoots coincided with the filming of Mission: Impossible – Fallout, in which Cavill had a mustache. The trailer also leans in on the importance that Martha (Diane Lane), and Lois Lane (Amy Adams), two more characters whose roles were significantly diminished in the theatrical release, to Superman’s humanity. While Man of Steel and BvS were criticized for being too dark, Snyder always attested that it was part of the characters’ arcs, and that they would reach greater heights in Justice League. The trailer suggests that is very much the case, with civilians looking up in awe at Flash, and Wonder Woman. There’s a feeling of optimism present, one that feels all the more poignant when considering that the darkness and failure of these characters in the previous two films comes from their human weaknesses.

But as superheroes, as modern gods inspired by Superman’s sacrifice, they have an opportunity to become better. As much as the epic battles of Zack Snyder’s Justice League are anticipated, it’s the smaller character moments evident in the trailer that are most intriguing. It’s the essence of what gives this impending release weight and meaning, rather than feeling like an entertaining commercial for action figures like the theatrical release.

“He’s never fought us, not us united,” Bruce Wayne says in the trailer’s only dialogue exchange. And that moment also speaks volumes, because for the first time audience will have a chance to consider and reflect on Snyder’s DC Universe films as one united trilogy.

Fisher has alleged misconduct by filmmaker Joss Whedon and producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg.

Warner Bros. has accused Justice League actor Ray Fisher of not cooperating with a misconduct investigation and backed its DC Films president Walter Hamada in a statement late Friday night.

Fisher, who played Cyborg in the 2017 movie, had previously alleged misconduct by filmmaker Joss Whedon and producers Jon Berg and Geoff Johns on set. While Fisher has not revealed specifics, the studio did launch an investigation earlier in the summer.

On Monday, Fisher tweeted that Hamada "attempted to throw Joss Whedon and Jon Berg under the bus in hopes that I would relent on Geoff Johns." Johns is a star DC Comics writer and is currently basking in the strong reviews and even stronger sales of the first issue of his latest work, Three Jokers.

In a statement, a studio spokesperson defended Hamada, saying, "At no time did Mr. Hamada ever 'throw anyone under the bus,' as Mr. Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgments about the Justice League production, in which Mr. Hamada had no involvement since filming occurred before Mr. Hamada was elevated to his current position."

The studio also stated that Fisher has so far refused to cooperate with the investigation, noting that "to date, Mr. Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator."

This is the latest in a back-and-forth between the actor and the studio that began on July 1, when Fisher tweeted that filmmaker Whedon's "on-set treatment of the cast and crew of Justice League was gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable." (Whedon took over directing duties on Justice League after Zack Snyder stepped away from the project in 2017.) Fisher went on to allege that producers Johns and Berg had enabled the filmmaker and his alleged behavior.

Complicating matters is that Fisher is also deep in negotiations to reprise his role as Cyborg for a cameo in Ezra Miller's The Flash, which is due to shoot next year and already counts Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton — both back as versions of Batman — among the cast.

8 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

agreed. talk about replaceable actors, does anyone really care who played cyborg?? if this was gal gadot, they'd have to listen to her. but come on. ray fisher??

I prefer The Doom Patrol’s Cyborg anyway.

11 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

agreed. talk about replaceable actors, does anyone really care who played cyborg?? if this was gal gadot, they'd have to listen to her. but come on. ray fisher??

Although I'm not sure how Geoff Johns really figures into this (I think he was more a bit player in the massive WB pond), you missed the part where Zack Snyder even noted Ray Fischer's role was supposed to be central to pulling the entire story together. But once his daughter committed suicide requiring Snyder to step aside, the top two WB executives worried about their pre-acquisition bonuses forced many changes. To include taking a massive team event and making it 2 hours.

So there is more to this than just a 'whiny actor'. Which is where the entire Snyder Cut situation stemmed from. :foryou:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I'll be here all day. Try the veal!

Snyder_Fischer.PNG.d69adac02a319be46b857ea05a71f211.PNG

:baiting::foryou:

I know, just poking fun at the fact there are two actors currently griping on social media about their roles in a movie.  Clearly for different reasons though. Fishers role being cut short was an unintended consequence.

3 minutes ago, Grails said:

I know, just poking fun at the fact there are two actors currently griping on social media about their roles in a movie.  Clearly for different reasons though. Fishers role being cut short was an unintended consequence.

It is interesting that at the same time a similar scenario appears to have occurred to two black men.

At least with the Snyder Cut we are going to actually see what the director intended for Cyborg.

Can't say I'm shocked he's not cooperating--his complaints always had the ring of someone mad his role was reduced, and that the studio didn't help him out. I didn't think Fisher was particularly good in JL. Too mopey (which is probably why Snyder liked him). Maybe the Snyder Cut will show him to be better.

34 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Can't say I'm shocked he's not cooperating--his complaints always had the ring of someone mad his role was reduced, and that the studio didn't help him out. I didn't think Fisher was particularly good in JL. Too mopey (which is probably why Snyder liked him). Maybe the Snyder Cut will show him to be better.

Sometimes, it really is okay to sit this one out and wait for all the facts to come out.

Turns out the third-party was already leaning on being WB-positive before the details were all pulled together. Which is why Ray Fischer stopped talking with them.