• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Mags to CGC
3 3

221 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2022 at 2:59 AM, batmiesta said:

when is enough's enough

When CGC says it's enough.

Not sure if it's still true, but it used to be that they had to change the machines around for magazines, and it was a bit time consuming. So they would wait until they had enough mags before switching the machines.

So, basically they don't like mags because they don't fit the standard comic holder and the machines have to be switched.

257 days is a sure sign they hate mags.:tonofbricks:

Either that, or they want to discourage economy/modern completely.

There are in total 260 working days in a common year, so add in shipping and it's now about a year.

Yet I can send in a modern comic and get it back in 20 days, 10 if I fast track. It's a sign, and not a good one, at least they are still grading economy/modern, for now.

slowboat.jpg

Edited by Makmorn

I plan to submit some magazines for grading via the modern tier in the next few months and may not see them again until perhaps sometime mid- to late-2024, if the current tat holds lol.

However, if I come to my senses prior to submitting them I may wait until, let me write 2027, and perhaps the magazine modern tier tat will be under six months at that point :wishluck:.

(shrug)

On 1/23/2023 at 3:12 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I plan to submit some magazines for grading via the modern tier in the next few months and may not see them again until perhaps sometime mid- to late-2024, if the current tat holds lol.

However, if I come to my senses prior to submitting them I may wait until, let me write 2027, and perhaps the magazine modern tier tat will be under six months at that point :wishluck:.

(shrug)

Hopefully they will get their arse in gear when the new kit arrives, because they surely can't go on as things are.