• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League of America 166-168

83 posts in this topic

well i found 166 & 168, both VG- and both Whitman variants.

wonder what they might bring? anyone want to make me an offer, feel free

I sold a couple of high grade sets just as the Identity Crisis mini-series was ending and was disappointed to see them fetch about $20 each. Nice to seen them heating up now so I don't mind selling my "keeper" copies. I can always buy these back later for a lot less then what they're going for now. I have individually listed NM and NM+ copies. It'll be interesting to see how they do. Link

Ok, I don't have these and have not read them, so can somebody give me a quick summary? Like, how do these tie into IC, given that they're pre-crisis books? confused.gif

Remember in Identity Crisis when the Justice League switched bodies with the villains, and the villains discovered the heroes' secret identities? That's this storyline, JLA #166-168.

I just listed my undercopy of JLA #168, so it'll be interesting to see how a single issue does.

Remember in Identity Crisis when the Justice League switched bodies with the villains, and the villains discovered the heroes' secret identities? That's this storyline, JLA #166-168.

Nice to see DC is following the Marvel lead in regurgitating old material. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey Joe,

No argument about DC being no better than Marvel when it comes to recycling old material (seems like every Silver and Bronze age Superman motif has now been recycled in the post-Byrne era) BUT...

I don't think Identity Crisis gets this particular rap. IC built on the story from JLA 166-168, with a couple of continuity implants along the way. So it wasn't a re-telling, but a sequel or an extension. JLA 166-168 is the "Hobbit" to IC's LOTR. crazy.gif (But I still think the IC ending sucked).