• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics Super Special KISS Blood Appreciation

7 posts in this topic

I had 2-3 copies of this back in the day.  Bought my first copy right off the stands.  Loved it so much, had to get a few more so I could keep at least one pristine copy and continue to reread my issue whenever I wanted to. The second appearance wasn't as good though.

I was not a huge KISS fan though they were popular in junior high. I recall the excitement about the book-- and the big deal about the blood in the ink which is shown in pictures as I'm sure most of us know inside the book.

I bought this off the magazine rack at the Osco (south Chicago suburbs) and it was in really nice shape. But I made the mistake of selling it to some stupid kiosk in the mall for $5 somewhere around 1985 along with a bunch of X-Men from 100-112- for a whopping total of $55. At the time-- thought I did pretty good considering I got all of them off the rack for about 3-4 bucks.

Dumb move-- wish I still had it. But not so bad that I need to get a new one. I have the two appearances in Howard the Duck and that is plenty.I do still have the second edition that is a really nice Conan magazine- though I understand they did not use Arnold's blood for that issue.