• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ziff-Davis (Amazing Adventures, Weird Thrillers, Crusader from Mars, etc.)
1 1

49 posts in this topic

Thought I had this with a 456.00 bid with a few seconds left. Highest graded of only four graded copies. 2 people wanted it more :cry:. Bummer man. 

Anyway, thought it was a neat book. Anyone besides Robot Man have this one? 

Opera Snapshot_2024-01-28_211742_www.ebay.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2024-01-28_212207_www.ebay.com.png

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Professor K
picture added

On 1/28/2024 at 6:22 PM, Professor K said:

Thought I had this with a 456.00 bid with a few seconds left. Highest graded of only four graded copies. 2 people wanted it more :cry:. Bummer man. 

s-l1600.jpg

Great book and I think (as well as the next issue), very underrated. Glad to see it finally getting it’s due…

On 1/29/2024 at 10:10 AM, pmpknface said:

I've got just the one...

Perfect_Love_3a.jpg

Perfect_Love_3_bc.jpg

Wow what a great painting. Such fine detail. The rain, the wind, the trees blowing, the rough ocean, the snapped branch, her tattered red dress, even the heart shaped center of the word Love. I'm in a tizzy. 

On 1/29/2024 at 11:06 AM, Robot Man said:

Great book and I think (as well as the next issue), very underrated. Glad to see it finally getting it’s due…

Me too on that first part. I guess it was the highest graded copy that drove it up. Plus it was from blissard and he has lots of eyes on his stuff. 

Most likely there are nicer copies in the wild I would think. Whaddya think?

On 1/28/2024 at 9:22 PM, Professor K said:

s-l1600.jpg

I was watching it as well, but I decided not to bid when I saw it go over $500 (which it did with about 6 seconds left—long before I would have put in my snipe bid).

I don't even value it that high long-term, but I knew it would get a strong price just because so few copies have been slabbed.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:17 AM, Professor K said:

Wow what a great painting. Such fine detail. The rain, the wind, the trees blowing, the rough ocean, the snapped branch, her tattered red dress, even the heart shaped center of the word Love. I'm in a tizzy. 

Me too on that first part. I guess it was the highest graded copy that drove it up. Plus it was from blissard and he has lots of eyes on his stuff. 

Most likely there are nicer copies in the wild I would think. Whaddya think?

I would suspect so. Up until now, it was primarily a “box dive” book. One I discovered a long time ago and one I felt had “potential”. 

On 2/14/2024 at 4:25 PM, Tri-Color Brian said:

16520096766_aef4201ed9_o.jpg

No idea what is going on in that cover.

I

On 2/15/2024 at 3:11 PM, fifties said:

This 'un's a good read/

No idea what is going on with that cover

WEIRD!