• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broncho Bill ???
1 1

37 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Or Cletus spelled Chlitus take your pick lol

:ohnoez:

What's with the 'ch's? Reads like they're trying to clear their throats. And how about that overhand right? I assume it's supposed to be an overhand right, going by the speed line and his thumb turned down and in. With that form, the woman would be more of a fair opponent than the guy. 

35 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:
Noun 1. broncho - an unbroken or imperfectly broken mustangbroncho - an unbroken or imperfectly broken mustang

I've never seen it spelled that way before. Always Bronco. As in Bronco Bill. Ford Bronco. Etc., etc. 

is this some new Mandela Effect alternate time line where Bronco is now spelled with an 'h' in there? If so, thanks again CERN; thanks for opening up yet another dimensional portal. Just great.   (thumbsu

In that cover to #9, Broncho Bill looks like exactly like Richard Chamberlain aka Dr. Kildare.  It was published in '48/'49 area, and Richard Chamberlain was born in 1934.  Could there be an early image of the future Dr. Kildare, before he was even an adult??  Twilight Zone stuff.

Spellcheck DOES NOT like broncho.

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I've never seen it spelled that way before. Always Bronco. As in Bronco Bill. Ford Bronco. Etc., etc. 

is this some new Mandela Effect alternate time line where Bronco is now spelled with an 'h' in there? If so, thanks again CERN; thanks for opening up yet another dimensional portal. Just great.   (thumbsu

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, first edition (1908) has this entry for broncho:

Broncho (brŏn´kō), n. {Sp. bronco rough, wild.} A native or a Mexican horse of small size. {Western U.S.}

Four entries later, the same dictionary has this item:

Bronco n. Same as BRONCHO.

From this treatment it appears that the dictionary in 1908 regarded broncho as the primary English spelling and bronco as a variant. (Indeed, Webster's Academic Dictionary [1895] has the identical entry for broncho, but no mention of bronco at all.)

A century later, Merriam-Webster's Eleventh Collegiate Dictionary (2003) has the following entry for bronco:

bronco also broncho n, pl broncos also bronchos {MexSp, fr. Sp, lit., rough, wild} (1850) : BRONC

PS:  Copy and Pasting was my friend on this

mr-know-it-all.jpg

37 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

In that cover to #9, Broncho Bill looks like exactly like Richard Chamberlain aka Dr. Kildare.  It was published in '48/'49 area, and Richard Chamberlain was born in 1934.  Could there be an early image of the future Dr. Kildare, before he was even an adult??  Twilight Zone stuff.

Spellcheck DOES NOT like broncho.

Chamberlains first film acting role was 1959. Prior to that, I can't find any reference to his being an actor or model, not as a child, teen, or before the age of 25 (his 1st film role). 

21 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Chamberlains first film acting role was 1959. Prior to that, I can't find any reference to his being an actor or model, not as a child, teen, or before the age of 25 (his 1st film role). 

Yeah, so that is quite interesting that we have an image of Richard Chamberlain (just my opinion), portrayed as a young man on the cover, but it can't really be him if he was only 14-15 years old, probably no where near the same part of the country.  That's why I say the artist must have been "channeling" from the future (that's a pun, channeling the channel) maybe CBS or NBC, wherever Dr. Kildare was shown.  His face showed up before he did.

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

A cowboy with a respiratory issue? 

Broncho.jpg

It would make sense if it was a promotional comic published by Marlboro, of course.

On 6/7/2020 at 7:50 PM, Ken Aldred said:

He also seems to be wearing high heels.  Doesn’t strike me as being very practical footwear for a cowboy.

Broncho suffered from a rt leg short femur therefore his rt high heel is taller than the left one to compensate.