• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidey run vs. key
4 4

Run vs. Key  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather own Amazing Spider-Man 1-300, or Amazing Fantasy 15?

• The run is more fun!
    • The key is for me!

61 posts in this topic

I've gone for the run as it's more fun. About 300 times more fun in fact. And it rhymes. But it all depends on your collecting criteria doesn't it KJ. Space, value etc, all play a part. It's often been said, when building a collection, buy the expensive ones first before they are priced out of your reach. 

But if you stick to just AF15, you'll never own ASM139 and will therefore never know the joy that is The Mindworm. That fact alone should guide you.

lol I didn't read the thread and I'm the only one that voted for AF15 lol 

Still, from certain standpoints storage easiest to sell, and it still KEEPS THE COOL FACTOR, I'd choose the AF15 and partially because I couldn't afford it :) 

But it was tempting as ASM #1 is no slouch either, but the run still seems attainable, the AF 15 not so much

:tink: 

I'm all about the keys!

Numerous factors

1. The run is to much bulk

2. If its reading you can do the entire run online 

3. Slabbed, the AF15 is nice

Don't get me wrong an ASM run has so many villains, villains that make up a large bulk of the marvel universe, but let's get it straight Spidey is and will always be the USS Enterprise of Marvel Comics, heck Spidey is as well known as the Bat and Supes

Going with the 1-300 run in that grade range. Too much classic content to pass up.

As far as space/bulk goes, kj never specified if we are talking slabs or raws. 300 floppies could fit in a few short boxes - 300 slabs, that's a whole 'nother story....

After completing the run in those grades, likely pick up a really low grade AF15 to complete the set.

-bc

I have both... 

If I had to choose I would go AF15..

I have boxes of comics that I will never open except to replace the bags and boards. 

Just the way it is.   If I want to read it I will go digital. 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

But if you stick to just AF15, you'll never own ASM139 and will therefore never know the joy that is The Mindworm. That fact alone should guide you.

As I've always been more interested in reading comics it makes more sense for me to go for volume and say the ASM run.  I've never been that focused solely on an AF 15, and in the OCD condition I like it's always outpaced my pricing limit, so the whole argument's theoretical for me anyway, and another reason to choose run over mega-key.

As Steve pointed out, you would also deprive yourself of too many brilliant characters in this run; Mindworm, Rocket Racer and The Big Wheel, to name but three of the all-time greats.

7 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

Reading?  That's what these are for.  Haven't gotten very far lol
A2vWcDf.jpg

Some of those are out of print and can be pricey to find on the second hand market.  I wish I owned copies of those.