• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question About Ebay
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have a buyer on Ebay that wants to buy five books for me, under the Buy It Now price. He also wants to combine shipping, which I'm OK with.

Can someone explain to me how this seller can buy five books from me for less than the Buy It Now price without getting charged for shipping five times? And please, spell it out for me. I just getting started with selling on Ebay.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Haven't done it in a while myself but I remember it being actually pretty easy.  Try this and see if it works for you

To do this from My eBay:
  1. Go to the Sold - opens in new window or tab section.
  2. Select the items you want to combine into a single invoice.
  3. Add the new shipping charge.
  4. From the Actions menu, select Send Invoice.

have them ask you a quesrtion about an item. You can then respond to the question or "respond with offer"...use that make the offer clear and explicit "this is for the following:  bah bah bah". I have done this without issue.

Here's my situation. I have a buyer who has already bought one book from me. He wants to buy five additional books from me, so he can combine shipping. I've looked and looked and looked to find this informatoin.

Doesn't the buyer have to buy the other five books first, and then I can combine shipping and send an invoice? Or is it possible to just to select these books out of my active selling list and combine them with the original order?

On 6/21/2020 at 3:09 PM, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I have a buyer on Ebay that wants to buy five books for me, under the Buy It Now price. He also wants to combine shipping, which I'm OK with.

Can someone explain to me how this seller can buy five books from me for less than the Buy It Now price without getting charged for shipping five times? And please, spell it out for me. I just getting started with selling on Ebay.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

You have a couple options.....buyer buys and pays for all items, you can then refund them the shipping overpayment....

Or, buyer buys all items, doesn't pay, and you send them an invoice with correct postage