• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns are basically just SA DC Imaginary Stories
1 1

54 posts in this topic

"What if in an alternate world, bruce wayne got shot by joe "mama" chill and his DAD became Batman?"
"What if Gwen Stacy didnt die and got spider powers?"
"What if jane foster was thor?"
etc

Edited by kav

3 minutes ago, Agent666 said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say here

I know

What if Batman's uncle Ben had been killed by Thanos and he got the super soldier serum and the guardians picked him to be the green latrine of this sector and while hiking he found thor's hammer-

I kind of agree with you @kav.  I think one of the worst thing Marvel did, was let the Cosmic Cube, become this re-occurring thing, that lets alternate history get written, where people are haphazardly killed, origins revised, heroes replaced and reality altered, only to ++poof++, have it all put back together, like nothing ever happened.   (The Secret Empire debacle springs to mind).   The writers get to be lazy with a Cosmic Cube in their back pocket. 

7 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I kind of agree with you @kav.  I think one of the worst thing Marvel did, was let the Cosmic Cube, become this re-occurring thing, that lets alternate history get written, where people are haphazardly killed, origins revised, heroes replaced and reality altered, only to ++poof++, have it all put back together, like nothing ever happened.   (The Secret Empire debacle springs to mind).   The writers get to be lazy with a Cosmic Cube in their back pocket. 

Its like some meta plot McGuffin.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Well...they're ALL imaginary stories, really.

Yup.  And Lee and Kirby have been referred to as imaginauts.

36 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Who wants to be a latrine?

GREEN latrine.

2 hours ago, Agent666 said:

I'm with ya! Somehow all modern comics are SA DC imaginary stories even though that makes no sense.

Modern comics aren't as insanely plotted as DC Silver Age comics.  Some of those are completely mental.

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Also, I'm against practical costumes in spandex books that are supposed to be more "believable" in the real world, for the same reason.

Batman's costume in the movies would be nearly impossible to fight in.  Thats why olympic athletes dont wear similar.