• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm crushed, newbie mistake I never saw coming

7 posts in this topic

I am beyond sick, I have a lot of comics and very little room to store them so needless to say I have many many short boxes. Well I found out today that the boxes with runs that are just over packed has messed up a lot of my books. the spine on one in front of the other if moved over out of line caused an indention down the next book. I can't believe I never saw this coming. should I not just take some out ( which will lead to more boxes) but also turn them all front to back? A friend said 3 words, buy a press. I looked at you tube videos and they all do it different??? So learn from my mistake any other newbies, it's heart wrecking. Thank goodness it wasn't every box. Any input other than laughing at my pain? I have already removed comics so they have breathing room, also tried cussing and throwing objects so start from there. Thanks and maybe say a prayer I don't just blow my brains out. Peace.

3 hours ago, ghost of the wild said:

I am beyond sick, I have a lot of comics and very little room to store them so needless to say I have many many short boxes. Well I found out today that the boxes with runs that are just over packed has messed up a lot of my books. the spine on one in front of the other if moved over out of line caused an indention down the next book. I can't believe I never saw this coming. should I not just take some out ( which will lead to more boxes) but also turn them all front to back? A friend said 3 words, buy a press. I looked at you tube videos and they all do it different??? So learn from my mistake any other newbies, it's heart wrecking. Thank goodness it wasn't every box. Any input other than laughing at my pain? I have already removed comics so they have breathing room, also tried cussing and throwing objects so start from there. Thanks and maybe say a prayer I don't just blow my brains out. Peace.

follow up question, if you can cold press one like this, can you cold press it back flat in time??? and should I be sorting them back to front the whole way through?

Edited by ghost of the wild
add another question

I had a similar issue with my short box storage where traditional standing the comics resulted in the entire box of books started to curl forward on every book.it was from the weight of other short boxes on top.

My solution,instead of pressing 100s of dollar run books,was to change my storage style.i now lay my books down flat.alternating the spine on every issue.i use bags and boards so the flattening result may be different without boards.its been probably 8 years since I switched to this long term storage plan.for the record I do occasionally check the books and all have remained flat and solid.and the books with the curling and waves went away after about a year or so.

3 hours ago, cortown71 said:

I had a similar issue with my short box storage where traditional standing the comics resulted in the entire box of books started to curl forward on every book.it was from the weight of other short boxes on top.

My solution,instead of pressing 100s of dollar run books,was to change my storage style.i now lay my books down flat.alternating the spine on every issue.i use bags and boards so the flattening result may be different without boards.its been probably 8 years since I switched to this long term storage plan.for the record I do occasionally check the books and all have remained flat and solid.and the books with the curling and waves went away after about a year or so.

This is interesting. You still store them in the boxes right? How many collumns of comics per box?

16 hours ago, ghost of the wild said:

Bold 1: Hilarious.

Bold 2: :(

Comic books are awesome, but not worth stressing too much over. Everything will be fine. #FirstWorldProblems