• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC early 1980s No Month Variants
4 4

47 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2022 at 7:28 PM, bellrules said:

Rescued this guy from a dollar box today. World’s Finest 284. Date is stamped on.

D989EFA6-BC66-43D8-89B3-8FA2C1CC5BE9.jpeg

Interesting find with the date stamp... I've never seen that before.   By the way (and off topic), Composite Superman was one of my favorite villains back in the day.  I recall first reading about him in World's Finest #223 (100-page giant). Man those were the days.  My best friend next door had a bunch of those 100-page giants, in spite of the super-steep price of 60 cents per giant-sized issue.  He loaned some to me for a summer vacation, and the giant sized issues were handy for long car trips.

worlds finest 223.jpg

Edited by Cpt Kirk

The Batman 401-403 and the Wonder Woman 1-3 packs were solicited and distributed by Diamond.  I don't recall them soliciting any other three packs besides the GI Joe #2  multi-packs that set off a scandal and made Marvel change it's reprint policy.

On 9/18/2023 at 2:44 PM, androolx said:

I just picked up this sealed Walgreens 3-pack in a local auction. The books are Blackhawk 252, Brave And The Bold 192, and DC Comics Presents 51 - all November, 1982.

I think Brave And The Bold 192 has not yet been identified as a no month book. 

20230918_131641.jpg

20230918_132044.jpg

20230918_131443.jpg

Thanks for finding that pack and posting the photos. :applause:(worship)  Up until now, these Walgreen packs have only been a myth.   I'm surprised more haven't turned up given the fact that the "No Month" variants aren't too hard to find.