• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be a Crime not to post your Detective Pulps
6 6

436 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2024 at 12:06 AM, OtherEric said:

I think that's the first appearance of the story, predating the Dell 10c. 

Ok, now I gotta look into it... 

Found this:

9287051.jpg

https://noirencyclopedia.wordpress.com/2018/05/12/book-the-case-of-the-dancing-sandwiches-1951-by-fredric-brown/

"The Case of the Dancing Sandwiches was originally published in book form in 1951 by Dell as a slim, 10c volume reprinting a 1950 magazine version; it’s the Dell book that I read. Brown apparently intended to expand the novella as a novel, but never finished; there’s a 1985 edition that contains the novella and the novel fragment, plus an intro by the redoubtable Lawrence Block."

On 6/12/2024 at 11:25 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Think your right!

dancing sandwiches (1).JPG

The Dell 10 centers did not have map backs? Is that right? I've never seen a Dell 10 center in person...

SMASH DETECTIVE CASES is published quarterly by DETECTIVE HOUSE, INC.
Vol. 1, No. 5. Summer issue. 1946(likely)

@Darwination if you are still watching this forum let me know if you can tell me anything about this one.
Can't find a match on mycomicshop.com or ha.com.Or with my apparently weak google skils. I find a few other
Smash detective with similar logo text but not this one. Not important just get fascinated.

SmashDetective-V1-5.jpeg

SmashDetective-V1-5-index.jpeg

On 6/18/2024 at 11:13 PM, Jack Linguini said:

SMASH DETECTIVE CASES is published quarterly by DETECTIVE HOUSE, INC.
Vol. 1, No. 5. Summer issue. 1946(likely)

@Darwination if you are still watching this forum let me know if you can tell me anything about this one.
Can't find a match on mycomicshop.com or ha.com.Or with my apparently weak google skils. I find a few other
Smash detective with similar logo text but not this one. Not important just get fascinated.

SmashDetective-V1-5.jpeg

SmashDetective-V1-5-index.jpeg

Cool mag. It's on MyComicShop, just no picture. The link at philsp appears to be dead. The painted covers are most in demand