• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be a Crime not to post your Detective Pulps
6 6

309 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2024 at 5:16 PM, Robot Man said:

I really like those with comic inserts. I found these today in a box and suspect I have more around here somewhere. I am always happy to find them in nearly any condition I can.

The only other pulps that have comic inserts are the two Avon Out of this World issues.

IMG_8683.jpeg

Not a good look for the old dude in the speedos ready to pistol-whip the poor blonde (tsk)

On 3/24/2024 at 4:16 PM, Robot Man said:

I really like those with comic inserts. I found these today in a box and suspect I have more around here somewhere. I am always happy to find them in nearly any condition I can.

The only other pulps that have comic inserts are the two Avon Out of this World issues.

IMG_8682.jpeg

Been looking for a nice copy of this one for awhile!

ScotlandYardv04n11(1931-04.Dell)coverWilliamReusswig.thumb.jpg.eb4d5e8aa4723dfd0d1c91c1390ee087.jpg

Not a new one, but one I missed scanning the cover for back when I got it (and I'll go ahead and scan the whole thing for the IA and pulpscans since I managed to find the mofo after digging through half my boxes and there's no representative scan yet).

Was reminded I had it by the big inner back cover scan on a Dell pub I stuck up over in non-comic magazines.

Edited by Darwination

Can’t remember if I posted this or not. One of my favorites. Dated Dec 22, 1934, my, how festive!

Was thinking of sending it in for grading. I spent about an hour searching the net for pricing but like a great many, no pricing available. I wonder how CGC would value it? Most certainly, the Bookery guide wouldn’t work.  :roflmao:

IMG_8769.jpeg

On 4/10/2024 at 8:14 PM, Robot Man said:

Can’t remember if I posted this or not. One of my favorites. Dated Dec 22, 1934, my, how festive!

Was thinking of sending it in for grading. I spent about an hour searching the net for pricing but like a great many, no pricing available. I wonder how CGC would value it? Most certainly, the Bookery guide wouldn’t work.  :roflmao:

IMG_8769.jpeg

One Million Dollars :whee:

Great cover :headbang:. I'd use the lower tier for submission if it was mine. Just because someone might pay crazy for it doesn't mean you should volunteer to pay higher for grading.

On 4/10/2024 at 5:14 PM, Robot Man said:

IMG_8769.jpeg

Found a pair of sales on HA, vg and F.

Screenshot_20240410_174001.thumb.jpg.aa22e5dc70220d81ed63bdf5e48fef15.jpg