• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your AMAZING STORIES covers.
2 2

101 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2023 at 8:18 PM, lpsunburst said:

This April 41 issue is an art tour de force with St. John on the front cover and Paul on the back.

img484.jpg

img485.jpg

The back covers were pretty awesome on some of those (thumbsu

On 8/12/2023 at 11:46 PM, Ameri said:

Happy to have gotten this one today. I had to return a different copy which looked really nice but was missing 30 pages. This one is only a Fair+ but at least it's complete. 

PULP #17 Amazing Stories 1927 August.JPG

And you have a copy (thumbsu

On 8/22/2023 at 5:32 PM, Ameri said:

PULP Amazing Stories Setember 1927 (FAMOUS Lovecraft).JPG

I'm amused by the use of hole punch reinforcers on the top and bottom of the spine, even as my collector instincts cringe.  Not that I've got room to comment, my copy has tape all the way down the spine.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:46 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Where would knowledgeable pulp-o-philes rank Amazing Stories amongst the various pulp magazines in terms of desirability, value, cover art(ists) and so on?

Generally quite low, sadly.  There's always going to be some love for it as the first, and a fair number of key issues will always be high demand.  The August 1928 issue may be the single most wanted SF pulp.  But for every standout issue there's a dozen that just demonstrate that the publishers weren't willing to pay the money for a-list material in general, and the whole "Shaver Mystery" doesn't help matters.  So the desirability and value of a typical issue will probably be relatively low. 

On 9/2/2023 at 5:02 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Had a chance to cherry-pick an estate sale a few days early this morning.  Sale has 110 monthly and 7 quarterly Amazing Stories, unfortunately none of the early issues. Tried to choose the better colors, higher grades, good spines, interesting covers. Appreciate the input I received from several of you.

GH Pulps 1.jpg

AS Pulps - Bedsheets.jpg

You did good :banana: